Hi, new to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nologicone

Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Hi all...1st post, sharing my journey so far...

Previously tried njoy from 7-11, but could never make a full switch. They became my indoor devices when I had to travel and I'm not able to make it to the curb side. But they made me feel sheepishly like a "wannabe" as they look exactly like a cig. Lol...

A co-worker started selling CE4/eGo setup on behalf of his outside friend, but my buddy and I went the CE4/C-Twist model route from eBay. Cheaper and VV. However, I could not decide if this is "it"...buddy then lost his clearomiser and got a wickless CE4. I tried it cuz he said it was much better but meh...I kept going back and forth but at least I'm no longer smoking at home, only work.

Decided to go APV...read and watch too much on this great forum & YouTube, could not resist my curiosity. Ordered PTII, buddy ordered Mini PTII even though he claims the wickless CE4/eGo was "great". He's doing better than me staying away from actual cigs for sure, not sure if it's his pride or what not...he used to tell me those 7-11 E-Hookah/disposable NJoy were "it" and I would watch him fix the coils on his E-Hookah with gee. Everytime he went back to actual cigs, I would laugh...I know, I'm skeptical.

So...1st tank on my ProTank II...OMG!!!

:blink:...:vapor:...:laugh:

I immediately texted my buddy and he's very excited and happy about his Mini PTII that came on the same day. That fateful day, I was down to 1 or 2 cigs/work day. The throat hit, the favours...home run. I found "it". I could taste better, smell better...my family no longer says I smells of cig smoke, which was my biggest joy.

vaping became a hobby for my buddy and I, which is easy as we both love Radio Control cars...got our iTaste SVD, rebuilding coils, made our own 18650 cradles and using RC chargers.

2 weeks ago, I introduced vaping to a friend who has been smoking longer than me. He bought some rechargeable E-cig kit 3yrs ago, and they were expensive...$150!!! And they're useless...what he said. We met up for coffee at Starbucks...and I brought everything I had...CE4 (tell him not to buy that), ProTank, eGo C Twist kit, SVD mod, some coils, e-juice...after all the introductions, I offered him a puff on my PTII/SVD setup...he was sold. And he had a cig just some 5 mins ago. Ordered him a Mini PTII & C Twist setup that evening and some YouTube links to go watch.

The day when I received his kit, I made sure he drop by the LSS (local smoke shop) to get a bottle of e-juice and I charged up his eGo battery to make sure they worked. "Held" his hand through everything...stripping/assembling the tank, battery operations, wick saturation, coil installation, tank filling/precaution, priming puffs, wiping occasional e-fluid on battery cap and lastly, "text or call me if you have trouble". He called me and told me he's 2 cigs/day and he could not believe it. His family no longer say he smells like an ashtray.

What I've learnt, setup is important to an ex-smoker. We needed that similar sensations before the brain can work it's magic to re-calibrate. Eventually we'll get it that we're no longer "smoking" but vaping, but that 1st encounter is like 1st impression important. However, a more crucial factor to the success rate probably comes from the person who introduce the vape alternative. If you happened to have the chance to fill in this role, think of the good it will benefit that individual if they succeed in switching from actual cigs to vaping.

Of course, fight the good fight...you can never convince the unwilling to be convinced. Next person will be a co-worker who bought the CE4/eGo setup but did not like it. He says he really wanted to quit in '14 and will go cold turkey. I bought a Mini PTII for him and told him to vape for Dec since he already have the juice and battery. If he decides to vape afterall, he can always buy me a new Mini, if not, just return it back to me.

I'm down to a cig/2 work days...don't really need them but I like to "steal" from my smoking frens just because...it's fun and they dun mind at all, ha!

Last edited:

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Excellent story and yes you're right if we can be there for our friends then do so. I am and have converted 2. I have one kit ready as a Christmas present, it'll be an early one, for one friend who really needs to quit for serious health reasons. She loves my set-up so I invested in one that is special just for her. Thanks for sharing your story! Happy Vaping!!

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Welcome to the ECF forums. That's great story and good to hear your helping your friends quit too. Keep up the good work and try to get rid of those 2 a days and your home free. We're here if you need anything.

This exactly^^^^^ you not only have joined the best forums for vaping on the internet but also got yourself the worlds largest support group!!! :toast:

Nologicone

Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Thanks all for the encouragement! Actually it's my friend whom I introduce vaping to is down to 2AD while myself, I actually don't need one but I will bump once every 2 days just for the heck of it, lol...what I noticed when I lit one is I do not feel dizzy, that means my nicotine intake is still on par...I'm working on a plan to cut down on my %MG. That friend just told me he bought a favour which he doesn't like, so I might have to buy it off him so just to make sure he always have liquids he likes, lol. I'm not too fussy, as long as it's not nasty.

This whole thing is so natural, I do not feel agitated, it's amazing! Sadly, it's illegal back in my country when I was talking to some buddies back home...they told me it's a 4 figure fine if caught with any form of e-cig which is a bummer...I still can't believe I went from 3packs/week to maybe 3 or 4/week...amazing!

Thanks people! Thanks ECF!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks all for the encouragement! Actually it's my friend whom I introduce vaping to is down to 2AD while myself, I actually don't need one but I will bump once every 2 days just for the heck of it, lol...what I noticed when I lit one is I do not feel dizzy, that means my nicotine intake is still on par...I'm working on a plan to cut down on my %MG. That friend just told me he bought a favour which he doesn't like, so I might have to buy it off him so just to make sure he always have liquids he likes, lol. I'm not too fussy, as long as it's not nasty.

This whole thing is so natural, I do not feel agitated, it's amazing! Sadly, it's illegal back in my country when I was talking to some buddies back home...they told me it's a 4 figure fine if caught with any form of e-cig which is a bummer...I still can't believe I went from 3packs/week to maybe 3 or 4/week...amazing!

Thanks people! Thanks ECF!

Illegal? What country?

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Hi all...1st post, sharing my journey so far...

Previously tried NJoy from 7-11, but could never make a full switch. They became my indoor devices when I had to travel and I'm not able to make it to the curb side. But they made me feel sheepishly like a "wannabe" as they look exactly like a cig. Lol...

A co-worker started selling CE4/eGo setup on behalf of his outside friend, but my buddy and I went the CE4/C-Twist model route from eBay. Cheaper and VV. However, I could not decide if this is "it"...buddy then lost his clearomiser and got a wickless CE4. I tried it cuz he said it was much better but meh...I kept going back and forth but at least I'm no longer smoking at home, only work.

Decided to go APV...read and watch too much on this great forum & YouTube, could not resist my curiosity. Ordered PTII, buddy ordered Mini PTII even though he claims the wickless CE4/eGo was "great". He's doing better than me staying away from actual cigs for sure, not sure if it's his pride or what not...he used to tell me those 7-11 E-Hookah/disposable NJoy were "it" and I would watch him fix the coils on his E-Hookah with gee. Everytime he went back to actual cigs, I would laugh...I know, I'm skeptical.

So...1st tank on my ProTank II...OMG!!!

:blink:...:vapor:...:laugh:

I immediately texted my buddy and he's very excited and happy about his Mini PTII that came on the same day. That fateful day, I was down to 1 or 2 cigs/work day. The throat hit, the favours...home run. I found "it". I could taste better, smell better...my family no longer says I smells of cig smoke, which was my biggest joy.

Vaping became a hobby for my buddy and I, which is easy as we both love Radio Control cars...got our iTaste SVD, rebuilding coils, made our own 18650 cradles and using RC chargers.

2 weeks ago, I introduced vaping to a friend who has been smoking longer than me. He bought some rechargeable E-cig kit 3yrs ago, and they were expensive...$150!!! And they're useless...what he said. We met up for coffee at Starbucks...and I brought everything I had...CE4 (tell him not to buy that), ProTank, eGo C Twist kit, SVD mod, some coils, e-juice...after all the introductions, I offered him a puff on my PTII/SVD setup...he was sold. And he had a cig just some 5 mins ago. Ordered him a Mini PTII & C Twist setup that evening and some YouTube links to go watch.

The day when I received his kit, I made sure he drop by the LSS (local smoke shop) to get a bottle of e-juice and I charged up his eGo battery to make sure they worked. "Held" his hand through everything...stripping/assembling the tank, battery operations, wick saturation, coil installation, tank filling/precaution, priming puffs, wiping occasional e-fluid on battery cap and lastly, "text or call me if you have trouble". He called me and told me he's 2 cigs/day and he could not believe it. His family no longer say he smells like an ashtray.

What I've learnt, setup is important to an ex-smoker. We needed that similar sensations before the brain can work it's magic to re-calibrate. Eventually we'll get it that we're no longer "smoking" but vaping, but that 1st encounter is like 1st impression important. However, a more crucial factor to the success rate probably comes from the person who introduce the vape alternative. If you happened to have the chance to fill in this role, think of the good it will benefit that individual if they succeed in switching from actual cigs to vaping.

Of course, fight the good fight...you can never convince the unwilling to be convinced. Next person will be a co-worker who bought the CE4/eGo setup but did not like it. He says he really wanted to quit in '14 and will go cold turkey. I bought a Mini PTII for him and told him to vape for Dec since he already have the juice and battery. If he decides to vape afterall, he can always buy me a new Mini, if not, just return it back to me.

I'm down to a cig/2 work days...don't really need them but I like to "steal" from my smoking frens just because...it's fun and they dun mind at all, ha!

That's a great story. I wish I would have had someone like you around a few months ago!

Nologicone

Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Just trying my best to help the right person! Just ordered him a 2nd Mini Pro Tank 2, but he lost the top cap O Ring somehow...he was pretty upset when he called me earlier today and I had to calm him down...and go vape the other Mini Pro Tank (that's why we get spares, lol!) while I ordered some O Rings online, lolz!

You, could be that someone to somebody too! :toast:

Nologicone

Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Update: The co-worker is considering buying over the Mini PT2 I loan him. He even wants to buy my used eGo C twist and I was like meh...he can use the battery till it no longer hold charge, just buy me a new Mini PT2, lol! He was on vacation for a week and per what he told me, he smoked less than 10 actual cigs during the first week!

The friend I helped in my 1st post just asked me to get another setup for his daughter in law. YAY!!!

Nologicone

Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Woot!!! Just found a really nice coil between my co-worker and I...we had different issues of our own and pool our resources...he was able to settle for 9 wraps of 30AWG Kenthal on the drill bit he usually uses (need to find out the dimension) while I'm settling for 8 wraps of 30AWG Kenthal on a 18 gauge syringe needle. We both got around 1.8 Ohms.

Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread