Hi there, I am the Cloupor mini guy from Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfdj2

Jan 31, 2015
In the clouds
Hi mfdj2, welcome to the forum. I've not been following the Cloupor mini issue, but I've seen a few posts about the circuit board melting. Is it manly a charging issue or is damage being caused when using the device?

I don't check reddit much anymore either...

I compiled many of the pics and warned people about the issues. It got a lot of visibility (15,000 hits/day on the main pics) and spawned a few blog posts which got the attention of Cloupor.

I do not own one either but people seem to have issues after they have used the onboard charging. Cloupor claims the unit should not be charged in a car or on a computer, but they only said that after these things went up in smoke.

mfdj2

Jan 31, 2015
In the clouds
Hello & welcome mfdj2 :)

It doesn't take long to get past your first 5 posts so that you can post elsewhere :)

Hello Chrissie, Slowly but surely i'll get there. I want to say hello to some posters who have given out some really valuable data about products I own and look into. I like ECF a bit more than Reddit because the information just seems better here. ECR has a big trolling and vote manipulation problem.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello Chrissie, Slowly but surely i'll get there. I want to say hello to some posters who have given out some really valuable data about products I own and look into. I like ECF a bit more than Reddit because the information just seems better here. ECR has a big trolling and vote manipulation problem.

Only 2 more to go :)

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles

ECF is also better organized than ECR -- it's much easier to find the information you're looking for here. Welcome!

mfdj2

Jan 31, 2015
In the clouds
Awesome work sir. Vapers helping vapers :toast:

Cloupor have built a bit of a crappy reputation when it comes to quality I feel. At least reading the forums here (and other places) I usually see people talk about the Sig, the IPV then other devices, then Cloupor when talking about good quality.

If vapers don't help vapers, then who will! An informed community is a strong one and if we just let MFG's run wild, then they will produce bad products that will make it on the news. We don't need that type of negative attention right now and we owe it to each other to keep this whole thing on the up and up.

As for quality, I recently bought an IPV mini and researched sig, cloupor,eleaf as well. IPV won and I was never going to to get a cloupor even though it was cheaper and had better specs. They have a horrible reputation which has just gotten much worse.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Rolygate (one of ECF's Forum Managers) posted about this the Product Recalls & Warnings Forum yesterday.

Cloupor boxmod recall

It'd be great if product recalls or general warnings could be temporarily posted globally across ECF. Maybe it's because I'm still new here, but I honestly didn't even realize the Product Recalls & Warnings Forum existed. I suspect it's a forum that's off the radar for many of us.

At any rate, thanks for the link and the head's up!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
It'd be great if product recalls or general warnings could be temporarily posted globally across ECF. Maybe it's because I'm still new here, but I honestly didn't even realize the Product Recalls & Warnings Forum existed. I suspect it's a forum that's off the radar for many of us.

At any rate, thanks for the link and the head's up!

The Product Recalls & Warnings Forum is located at the top of the General Vaping Discussion Forum. Since only forum managers can post there the latest warning will always be on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread