Hi + weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolyn

Dec 6, 2009
Indiana
Hi All,
Am brand new here. I've been smoking analogs for 50 years. Need to have knee surgery and am freaked about going into hospital. Obviously cannot smoke there. So am seriously considering vaping.

Question 1: Has anyone experienced weight gain when you went from analogs to vaping as most people experience weight gain when they stop smoking?

Question 2: Is there an e-cig that doesn't have the light up tip? One that doesn't try to look like a cigarette?

I'm in the process of reading the useful info that is posted for the newbies.

Carolyn

igbonna

Moved On
Dec 6, 2009
Earth
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spammer

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
1. Weight gain has been attributed to folks that quit smoking. The reason,
from everything I've read, is that the nicotine works as a hunger suppressant.
You smoke, you don't get hungry as often. Since most of the people around
here Vape with nicotine juice, you probably won't hear a lot of stories about
weight gain.

2. There are PLENTY of non-cigarette looking devices. Most of them are
what we call "Mods". It stands for modification; IE: A modified version of a
vaping device. The one I recently bought is called the Chuck: THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing! I can't really tell you which device is the "best"
since that would be like telling you what car to buy... I don't know you so I
can't even speculate at your taste. I went with the Chuck because I could
have my own artwork put on it.

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
Welcome, I have only read about a few people gaining weight after the switch to e-cigs because food tastes so much better. I personally have not lost or gained weight, and have been tobacco free for five months. As far as not having the light on the tip, if you choose a 510, which is a good starter, here are a couple that have no led's.

www.cignot.com

www.widowsbeadwork.com

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
I've been actively dieting since the 1st of august (Lost over 15 pounds!!) I was VERY worried about gaining weight on the e-cig (especially with the holidays) but I've been vaping 3 weeks. I quit analogs the day AFTER thankgiving. No weight gained yet. I will be weighing myself again on Monday Dec. 7th but I don't expect any real change since all my "skinny clothes" still fit.

Carolyn

Dec 6, 2009
Indiana
TY so very much for your replies. I have fought weight since I was 9 years old. Sometimes it wins, sometimes I win. I have friends who quit smoking and gained as much as 40 lbs. I'm just too crippled to gain weight, so that has been most of my concern about quitting smoking. Plus I enjoy it.

I'm also thrilled to hear that there are devices that don't try to be cigarette look-alikes.

God bless you all.
Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread