The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi :)

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by korana, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
    Hi everyone:D
    As you can see, I am new here...this is my first post...
    While I am waiting for my bloog, i am reading your posts and learnig so much here...

Hope to make a successful switch from smoking to vaping soon :vapor:

2. catoliver

catoliver Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    South Carolina
    Welcome and congratulations on quitting!

What is your set-up?

3. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
    Thank you:)
    To be honest I made the decision yesterday...so I did some research and decided to go with Bloog Maxx Fusion starter kit...still looking for a liquid with nicotine (I am in Canada, Ontario)

4. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
  5. TomCatt

TomCatt Da Catt Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2011
    Upland, PA
    Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of vaping korana! :) Once you get a few more posts (5 total) you'll be able to post in the Canadian forum - Canada Forum. Our Canadian members can help you find supplies.

6. snaphappyalex

snaphappyalex Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Telford, England
    Welcome! I know I few people in Ontario :D there are so many more kits your side of the pond :(

7. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
    That`s awesome! Thanx :)

8. conflator

conflator Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2012
    Canada
    Welcome to a fellow Canadian! You are close to my favourite hardware supplier (CanVape). A little further from my favourite juice supplier. Highly recommend checking out jugheads.co. The website is...eccentric...but they have some really nice juices. They are reasonably priced, and you can get small sample sizes of most of what they carry. Customer service is second to none.

There's a thread for them here

Flavour recommendations are always tough when you don't know what someone likes, but I feel pretty safe saying you should order some JokeSmoke. I love it, my friend wrenfisher here loves it, and another friend that just started has it as his complete favourite.

Jugheads also carries Halo. I've tried three of their juices and they are out of this world good. Capt Jack - a touch of tobacco and lots of honey, Torque56 - cherry pipe tobacco (the way it smells before you set fire to it :) ) and a menthol. I never liked menthol, but it's like kissing an angel.

Nic level recommendations are going to be all over the map. Depends on how much you smoked, and your individual biology. Jugheads Hotrod at 36mg got me through the morning craving, you'll want to try some lower levels to see where you fit in.

How much do you typically smoke, and what brand?

Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask questions!

9. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
    don`t tell me I have made a huge mistake with this kit?

10. conflator

Sep 5, 2012
    Canada
    I've never tried the Bloogs, but I've seen many posts from people that started with, or still use, them.

I'm only a month and a half in, but I've learned (three?) things:

- almost anything you start with will be better than cigs. Except maybe the disposables from the gas station.

- whatever gets you off cigs is the right kit. I started with what many would consider substandard, but it worked, so I'm entirely happy.

- there's lots of ways to upgrade. If you become dissatisfied, there's tons of options.

I will promise you one thing - vaping can be so much better than smoking. I didn't expect or plan to, but I quit the moment I picked up my kit. It was just better.

You'll be fine, and feel free to PM me if you have questions.

11. bentandshallow

bentandshallow Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Muscle Shoals Al
    Welcome. Your gonna do great! You will have all the support you need here. These guys/gals are awesome!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351135030.961248.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
    I`m not really a heavy smoker any more, at least not since I moved from Europe in Canada little more than a year ago...First I couldn`t find the right brand because cigarettes here are so different and second because you can`t smoke in Canada almost anywhere...I smoke only outside, not even in my apartment and I smoke Peter Jackson...I go through about 15 cig a day, sometimes less....

I`ve been thinking about quitting for quite some time, but the thing is I love to smoke, so I hope this will be the right solution for me....

Thank you for your help and support!!!
    :):):)

13. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
    Thanx :) I`m really glad I found this place!

14. SDave1969

SDave1969 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    United States
    Welcome and enjoy vaping.

15. korana

korana Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Kitchener
    Thank you :D

16. conflator

Sep 5, 2012
    Canada
    I totally understand the brand thing. Just before I quite, wrenfisher and I had to switch because you couldn't get our brand where we moved. This was a minor crisis! Now with vaping, I'm switching juices all the time. Funny that.

I didn't smoke inside, either (well, at least not for some time). We just started getting snow out west here, so I'm really appreciating being able to vape indoors.

I think vaping gives you about 90% of the same things smoking does, but it makes up for the other 10% with awesome things like flavour and indoor vaping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.