Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Hello and welcome to ECF.

What you have to ask yourself is do you want a durable device that is both dust proof and to some extent leak proof. If so get the Aegis. But that device only supports 18650 batteries compared to the Asmodus which supports three different battery types.

I think both mods look good but my own preference would be the Aegis. If you have dry hands like myself the Asmodus touch screens are really annoying because they don't always register and my old Minikin V2 died after 8 months so I won't buy their stuff anymore.

x1n30hp

May 3, 2019
I agree with both of you @Izan and @Vape Muppet
I have an eleaf pico 75w with an expromizer v2.1 for almost 2 years.
Because the expromizer leaks sometimes amd doesn’t have a well enough taste, I was going to have an Ammot MTL RTA. But because the diameter of Ammit MTL is bigger then I must change my mod also.
I’ve looked for a good mod. I was going for the Aegis but some friends told me that it has some problems and to go for the asmodus Amighty.
That’s why I’m so frustrated.

The old Aegis 100W had three options for battery but the new solo just one.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I agree with both of you @Izan and @Vape Muppet
I have an eleaf pico 75w with an expromizer v2.1 for almost 2 years.
Because the expromizer leaks sometimes amd doesn’t have a well enough taste, I was going to have an Ammot MTL RTA. But because the diameter of Ammit MTL is bigger then I must change my mod also.
I’ve looked for a good mod. I was going for the Aegis but some friends told me that it has some problems and to go for the asmodus Amighty.

Hmm. Have a look at the Vandy Vape Jackaroo 100W TC. Maybe that will suit you. It's supposed to be durable and takes three different battery types.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch @x1n30hp :)

Asmodus tend to make very good mods so this is a difficult one...both of those mods are very good I suspect although the Almighty is very new so haven't heard much about it yet.

What I usually do before a purchase is to watch a few different you tube reviews and make a desicion from there...if autonomy is important then go for the almighty imo....the touch screens are pretty good and work quite well so I hear.

The Vaporesso mods are great little mods also.....I have the Polar and the performance is great and it's nice to have the large screen interface.

At the end of the day it's up to you to decide but I hope i've helped you at least a little :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Aegis Solo 100W vs asmodus Amighty 100W
I wanted your opinion for a mod between the above, which you choose and why?
That would be a no brainer for me. The Aegis Solo hands down.

I have the Aegis Mini and use it every day. Its only downside to me is its internal battery can not be replaced. The Aegis Solo uses a comparable (no, strike that, better) external battery (which you get to choose) which is removeable, so I can't think of any downside. Being waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof is more than icing on the cake.

I also had the Aegis Legend (dual batteries), but it was just too bulky and heavy for me, so I gave it to my son.

I was going for the Aegis but some friends told me that it has some problems and to go for the asmodus Amighty.

What problems were they talking about? The Solo hasn't even been released yet so how would they know? You would think being the fourth mod released from the same series from Geekvape they would have all the glitches worked out by now.

The 18650 battery to this day remains the most popular size replaceble (external) battery for vaping devices. The Solo wouldn't be as lightweight and pocket-friendly if it used a larger battery. The original Aegis was huge and heavy compared to the Solo.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...how do you compare the Aegis Solo and Jackaroo?
First off, let me say I don't have either the Solo or Jackaroo to compare. My comparisons will come from product desciptions.

Both allegedly have the same power output, both are allegedly waterproof and shockproof. The Solo only accepts an 18650, the Jack accepts 20700/21700/18650 batteries. The Jack is heavier in weight; the Solo was designed to be lightweight yet still be durable to punishment.

The Solo will most likely be firmware upgradable. I saw no mention that the Jack is firmware upgradable.

If you buy either in kit form, the Jack's tank is only 3 ml capacity, the Solo's Cerberus tank has a 5.5 ml capacity. (The Cerberus is a great tank by the way.)

Geekvape is a major player in the vaping industry so distribution is widespread. Vandy Vape is a smaller player in the market, so its availability may not be so widespread.

That's my :2c:

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I am a huge AsMODus fan, and I've had that Amighty in my cart a few times.

I have no issue at all with the newer touch screens, and their menus are my favorite of any mod I’ve tried.

But I hesitate because of the 21700 battery- can’t recall if it can take a 18650 as well, but regardless it makes a mod bigger. Which is why I’m not completely in love with the Aegis 100. Kind of a big chunk in hand.

So between the two, I’d suggest the Aegis solo. It’s definitely on my wish list. I do like the Aegis line for their rugged bodies. Comes in handy. But I look forward to the smaller form.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Aegis Solo 100W vs asmodus Amighty 100W
I wanted your opinion for a mod between the above, which you choose and why?
Welcome and glad you joined.
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Suggest posting in :General Mod discussion and chat:
VV/VW APV Discussion
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have an Ages although I am thinking of getting one. If you want small light and easy going I might suggest the Eleaf Invoke.

It's really as small and light as many of my two battery mods. It has taken my abuse with ease, I've really done about everything besides submerging it in my fish tank to kill it.

I plan on getting oh say 10 for the vacopalypse closet to Just Sit There until I need to break the glass.

With that said, I have a minikin V2. The touch screen is a pain, because I have a fine motor tremor, but there is a fair amount to be said for that mod, honestly. It is SUPER efficient when it comes to battery power, it's pretty indestructible (other than the screen, yes) and it does provide a really excellent and smooth vape. IDK if the touchscreen is for everyone, maybe set it aside until you are a bit more vape savvy and start with something easier, etc.

I subject all my mods to a fair amount of a abuse. For example I have a Legend, siting here, unusable waiting to see if my husband can get the rest of a 510 pin from a Zenith tank out of it, which doesn't look like a very fun project (to me) if it's even possible.

NOTHING is break proof. Nothing. If you think so, just send that thing my way, I really can't IMAGINE that if I were TRYING I couldn't break it. I break things by looking at them funny.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread