High Wattage = burned taste???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasg

Nov 28, 2014
I wish I am there
I have been searching in the forum on the subject of high wattage mod and the implications or even why folk want to go there. Ton of info but confuses me totally, lol...

Taking into consideration that battery is within the amp tolerance and specs needed for a 50w to 150 w mod box with sub-ohm of 0.4 to 0.5 dual 28 guage coil setup, why would you want to jack the wattage 50 or higher...is there a purpose and anyone doing it? At high wattage setting with long drag time, won't u get the burn taste as the juice might not be fast enough to soak through?

Just a discussion standpoint, don't flame me pls....knowledge seeker with the need to understand....

cheers!

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
It's understandable you're confused. In many tanks yes, you would burn the juice up immediately.

The high wattage on the VV devices is partially an attempt to replicate what you can get with a mechanical mod, only ideally in a safer and more feature-rich way. With a mechanical mod, you flip a switch and the batteries dump out all their power as long as the switch is down. This can be desirable if you are vaporizing liquid in a way that can provide the coil with enough liquid, like dripping, as with a low-Ohm coil you are quickly producing vast amounts of flavor. With a VV mod, circuitry & chips are behind the battery and the tank and pulse it out within the range the circuitry & chips can handle, which is way less than what the battery can provide. As the circuitry has improved, they can handle more wattage and fill more of the role a mechanical mod provides.

Until recently, unless you were dripping or using an RBA like a kayfun more wattage would be pointless as their designs can't provide the coil with enough eliquid to burn that hot, so things would just burn up. Newer tanks are trying to provide more of the experience you get with dripping or an RBA by using methods of wicking similar to a cartomizer, allowing a lower-Ohm coil to be fed with enough liquid that you get huge plumes.

They also go to eleven.

HIH

bananasg

Nov 28, 2014
I wish I am there
Thanks a lot for your explanation...:)

No wonder my experience with a kayfun rba and a dripper is so different...I was trying to load my kayfun higher wattage and I can't drag long at one go as I will taste the burning effect...

It's understandable you're confused. In many tanks yes, you would burn the juice up immediately.

The high wattage on the VV devices is partially an attempt to replicate what you can get with a mechanical mod, only ideally in a safer and more feature-rich way. With a mechanical mod, you flip a switch and the batteries dump out all their power as long as the switch is down. This can be desirable if you are vaporizing liquid in a way that can provide the coil with enough liquid, like dripping, as with a low-Ohm coil you are quickly producing vast amounts of flavor. With a VV mod, circuitry & chips are behind the battery and the tank and pulse it out within the range the circuitry & chips can handle, which is way less than what the battery can provide. As the circuitry has improved, they can handle more wattage and fill more of the role a mechanical mod provides.

Until recently, unless you were dripping or using an RBA like a kayfun more wattage would be pointless as their designs can't provide the coil with enough eliquid to burn that hot, so things would just burn up. Newer tanks are trying to provide more of the experience you get with dripping or an RBA by using methods of wicking similar to a cartomizer, allowing a lower-Ohm coil to be fed with enough liquid that you get huge plumes.

They also go to eleven.

HIH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread