Higher resistance RSST help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
Howdy folks! This might be pretty noobish but I just had a couple of concerns regarding rebuilding my RSST to be a little more bearable with my favorite juices. I purchased it pre-built from a guy at a shop with a resistance of about .8 using 3 wraps of presumably 32g kanthal around a 3/32 stainless wire. I would like to get it around 2 ohms but since this is my first time rebuilding it I am unsure of which materials to use and how many wraps to use as a primer. All of the videos I look up seem to be guys looking to create huge vapes with sub-ohm builds and honestly, with the flavors I love, the throat hit and amount of vape I'm breathing makes it unbearable.

Any tips/help/results would be appreciated. Just looking for a mild, warm flavorful vape.

:vapor:

Jsucool76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Boca Raton, FL
Hi, I just got my RSST and i'm loving it. Right now it's at 1.5 ohms for me.

What do you plan on using for your wick? I use ekowool and wrap around something else (usually a small microscrewdriver or a nail) , then attach it to my RSST and check the resistance before I slide my wick in.

Kanthal A1 Wire resistance Chart This will tell you what the resistance per inch is of different kanthal guages. I use 30 guage. its pretty easy to work with. =]

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
I built a micro coil around a 1/16 drill bit like my pt rebuilds and hook it up at 1.6-1.8 ohms (7 or 8) wraps with cotton.

I still haven't been satisfied with it on 3 wrap coils and ss mesh.

Works like a champ and vapes good. I did drill out my holes like this vid said. Using his cotton recommendation too.

Cotton wick on an RSST - YouTube

TrentTC

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Tacoma, WA
3 wraps at .8 ohms is likely 28 guage kanthal but possibly could be 30. If you want to get up around 2 ohms try using 4 to 5 wraps of 32 guage. I will say though that genesis atomizers like a lot of power, especially when using ss mesh. My sweet spot on the RSST is 3 wraps of 28 guage kanthal which gives me from .6 to .8 ohms depending on the diameter of my coil.

mavric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
3 wraps at .8 ohms is likely 28 guage kanthal but possibly could be 30. If you want to get up around 2 ohms try using 4 to 5 wraps of 32 guage. I will say though that genesis atomizers like a lot of power, especially when using ss mesh. My sweet spot on the RSST is 3 wraps of 28 guage kanthal which gives me from .6 to .8 ohms depending on the diameter of my coil.

I just rewrapped it today with 3 wraps of 32g around 500 mesh. Right at 1.5 ohms, which has been awesome so far. I oxidized the mesh for a bit better flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

innerHONOR

Jul 25, 2013
wilmington, nc
Just my experiences w/ the RSST-
1- With any juices over 60% VG I like to use 400 ss mesh with a little cotton at the top. Rip Tripper has a vid about the cotton and stainless mesh.
2- Anything below 60% VG I just use ss 400. But I have found that making a hollow/tube like ss wick and then inserting a very small solid wick inside of the hollow wick works well. This is kind of hard to explain but there is a video somewhere for this too.
3- I prefer sub ohm but I mainly use mechanicals. The best way to increase resistance is to increase the wire gauge. Good luck!!
I will look for the video links and repost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread