HIGO RDTA by Focusecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Higo v1 has sold out from Focusecig, although vendors probably still have old stock.

Updates are:

* new 2.5 x 4mm fill holes
* 1.8mm feed holes in chamber for high vg
* 510 insulator changed to PEEK

Spare parts bag to include rda cap, single coil JFC, other colored o rings.

I think I need to ask if that bag has insulators, etc, as I think that's what most current owners want.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Well it arrived today and was dripping with machine oil and there is some sort of residue on the chimney section that I'm slowly removing. The quality of the grub screws is lousy if I even remotely tighten them down they cut my 25awg 430 stainless like a hot knife through butter and I lent my fine files out so need to get them back and see if I can gently file the grubs. Appearance wise it doesn't have any major marks or blemishes but so far that's the only plus I've found very disappointed with the tank so far. In contrast the bellus is on my rx200 giving a great flavourful vape just wish I could say the same for the higo. I'll update when I sort out the grub screws and hopefully I'll have more praises to sing.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Got the grub screws sorted but my biggest issue now is with the 510 pin I can't tighten it down at all or it shorts out I've had to unscrew it 3 turns from its original place for the coil to register correctly and as a result there is now a fair amount of play in one of the posts. Had minor leaking issue but I think that's down to my wicking at the minute will play with the build over the next few days and see if I can sort that. So far it's not a bad vape but nothing great the bellus is beating it in the flavour department by quite a way and although some of that may also be down to wicking I don't think it all is. It was a pain to get a build up and running with this tank and I know that 510 is going to be a continual problem in its current form. I'm hoping the fix bag is available soon as the 510 fixes and single coil plug will greatly improve this tank.

Reactions: MMW

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
If anyone is looking for a replacement insulator that works with no cutting I used one from a cheap Lopro RDA clone, and again cut the rim off a protank grommet in the center of the pin.

Using the Lopro 510 insulator the 510 pin doesn't protrude as much as I like so I used a 3x1 o-ring to set the pin out. Works great, nice solid connection.

Without the o-ring it would have been fine for everything except pin-less 510 pseudo hybrids

You could probably do fine without the Protank grommet, but it adds an extra layer of security against shorts, and also seals up the 510 against leaks.

If you hunt around Lopro clones can be had well under $10.

u2jKdXy.jpg

YYtg8Zo.jpg

XeViwqI.jpg

Last edited:

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Has there been anything further on the fix bag they were supposed to be offering I've checked their website in both products and accessories but nothing so far. If I can get the parts from the original maker I will be happier and likely purchase a couple more but with the 510 as it is now no chance and I prefer to get such things from the maker rather then attempt to jerryrig something myself.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
That's not a good sign looks like they might revise original tank and leave those who've already bought the v1 to resolve it themselves or sod out of look. I'll give it a couple of weeks I've sent them an email if there is nothing solid by then I'll just buy some more bellus tanks as they are hassle free shame the higo had such potential.

Reactions: Chris26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread