Hiya! I'm New to this Site & have a question re: Aspire pockeX

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
vape" data-source="post: 19926679" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
oops, the url was edited out, I apologize if posting a URL is against policy. the point was though that those coil options are listed on the directions themselves, not on a vendor site so I figure they're legit, right? Like, I don't know if they're available or not but the manufacturer says they'll work. So if I can get them, what effect would a different ohm have on the temperature of the device?

Since your device has no Voltage/Wattage control that I know of, the vape is going to change as your battery depletes, because it will be giving you a lesser and lesser Voltage as you deplete it. I would say that it is going to feel substantially weaker than that 0.6 Ohm atomizer that you've been using. I have two devices that work like this. One of them is a small stealth vape that only takes one type of coil but that coil is a very good one, and the overall experience is very good. The other has three options (1.5 Ohm, 1.0 Ohm, 0.5 Ohm) and I found the 1.0 Ohm to be satisfactory. The 0.5 was way too strong when the battery was fresh and the 1.5 was way too weak when the battery wasn't fresh.

Also, I have some experience with these 1.5 Ohm and 1.8 Ohm atomizers. I use them on a device that allows me to control Wattage. I'm actually vaping on one right now at a little under 13 Watts. I use the 1.8 Ohm ones as the 1.5 Ohm ones were disappointing. Unfortunately you won't be able to supply enough Wattage to get what I would consider to be a satisfying MTL that mimics smoking - but you might still enjoy it.

not w/out my vape

Aug 17, 2017
Hi
I've got one of those.
Yeah they do get a little hot with constant use.
When you first fill it there always seems to be a little gurgling. I find holding it by the base and giving it a downward shake clears the problem.
Hot juice in your mouth is best avoided,
as the actress said to the bishop.
At 10 bucks a pop you're getting a good deal.
As long as it's screwed up tightly the thing hardly ever leaks even upside down in my pocket.

Thank you! The gurglings are the exact problem I have. I'll give a shake a shot (as the bishop said to the actress)

Reactions: Letitia

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Sweet! Thank you so much!!!! I will definitely get some of each. I like keeping a good stock of coils for my different devices because I learned the hard way, a few years ago, the misery of running out. I didn't, however, want to stock up until I knew which ones to get to resolve the heat issue (if one would at all, that was just a guess on my part due to it being the only real choice one needs to make other than e-juice. Thx!!!!! :)
Welcome and glad you joined.
Not sure if anyone mentioned, but to reiterate, generally 1 ohm and higher coils are, for the most part, used were the vape is drawn in to the mouth and then the lung (MTL). Under, typically, 1 ohm coil is generally used to draw the vape directly into the lung (DL).
Could check:
Vaping Basics | Spinfuel VAPE

Reactions: Tonee N

Jonathan Kowalczyk

Mar 22, 2017
I have a few pokex devices, you cannot adjust anything about them, the wattage goes down as the battery is discharged. I'm not sure how you burnt your tongue on them as i find them pretty weak.. They have a 0.6 ohm coil and fire at 18 watts at Max battery and i think they are good stealth vapes for out and about at work or something. I tend to only have them as emergency vapes for if my. Equipment breaks or that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread