Hiya

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienAli112

Apr 20, 2018
hiya am all new to this page An my mod xx
My question to be answered is why does my Alien 220w mod have 0.000 4 numbers ok the ohms bit my other joytech mod only had 3 numbers like 0.00 xx please can some 1 explain xx cos when I change my cool to the exact same 1 as I was using in ur before it can change the last 3 number after the 0. From 0.150 to 0.163 for the same pack or v8-t8 coils??

Reactions: stols001

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
hiya am all new to this page An my mod xx
My question to be answered is why does my Alien 220w mod have 0.000 4 numbers ok the ohms bit my other joytech mod only had 3 numbers like 0.00 xx please can some 1 explain xx cos when I change my cool to the exact same 1 as I was using in ur before it can change the last 3 number after the 0. From 0.150 to 0.163 for the same pack or v8-t8 coils??
It's normal for coils to vary 0.05ish, i would not be concerned. 0.1 ohm resistance variance i would not accept.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Some variance is normal among coils. I guess the decimal place was added as a "feature" of the mod. I highly doubt it's accurate down to those levels, you'd need a really expensive ohms reader to get that kind of accurate read, but it's probably a marketing thing.

If your coils are vaping okay, I'm not sure I'd sweat it, as there can be manufacturing errors. I've had a 0.2 variance in a coil before, but I assume in part it was how my mod read it. All mods are going to "read" resistance differently so unless there is some type of manufacturing defect in your coil heads, I'm not sure I would worry too much about 0.1 variance, it is within the realm of normal (IMO) especially given the way your mod is trying to read ohms, trying to be more accurate than it probably is, is my guess.

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread