Home Depot "O" rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

at1rest

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Hi there,

I inadvertently ended up with 3 Kanger Protank 2 knockoffs, one of them with a package deal on eBay when buying a second Vision Spinner 2 and the other 2 as replacements for the first, and the second, because they all leaked. Even the 3rd one leaked. It seems the lips on the tanks are too short to firmly contact the "O" rings so when putting the bottom back on after filling, the juice would be forced out through the weak seals at the edges of the tank.

So I took one set of seals out of one tank and doubled them up in the first one and problem solved. No leaks, as long as I don't tighten them down too tight, forcing the second "O" ring out of place.

So knowing what the problem was with these knock offs, ( and BTW ... they work great now and draw slightly more freely than the Authentic PT2, I have an authentic one also ) I went to Home Depot to try to match up an "O" ring size and fix the other 2 knockoffs.

I got a pack of these

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-10-O-Rings-10-Pack-96727/100232944

and they work even better than 2 official "o" rings. They're very slightly too large but can be forced into the slot with a small screwdriver and one per side works.

But ... I'm a little concerned about safety / toxic or maybe they're reaction to e-liquid as opposed to water, so do es anyone have any comments or thoughts about the safety factor?

Thank you!

Steve

at1rest

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Well - 6 days of use and the Home Depot "O"-rings are still good. No problems. There's one perk about these thicker o-rings I might not have mentioned.
It seems not that important to tighten down as much as the stock rings in my "authentic" PT2. These black ones are springy and I can feel them grabbing the glass when I'm putting it back together so all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread