Status
Not open for further replies.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Hello everyone,

I've been vaping since April of this year and in that time I have successfully made the switch from analogs to vaping. I've really enjoyed my vaping experience and have no plans to ever smoke an analog again. One thing, however, irritates me to no end. Homogeneous flavoring... Or should I say a lack-there-of. I'm really getting tired of ordering a small quantity of a given juice and discovering it's the best thing since sliced bread before ordering a larger quantity. Then, when the larger quantity arrives, its taste pales in comparison to the original order or worse yet tastes completely different. This isn't from a single vendor either. With the return policy of most vendors in regards to juices it's just like throwing money away. I can't think of any other consumable product with such vast variation. A Snickers tastes like a Snickers, tastes like a Snickers. A Coke like a Coke and so-on and so-forth. What gives? I'm I just experiencing bad luck?

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Well other than it's harder to measure the exact amount of flavoring and sweetener for a small bottle so the measurements could be off especially if drops are used to measure the flavoring or sweetener. You could make your own juices and see if you can do any better making a small bottle come out exactly like a large bottle.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Were the samples prepackaged? If the samples had been sitting for a month or while the larger order was mixed new then this could explain the problem. You may need to let the larger bottles steep for awhile.

You may be on to something there and I'm going to put it to the test. The latest example was a small bottle of juice dated September of 2011 and received late November of 2011. The large order was dated November of 2011 and received 11/5/2011. The small order could have been up-to two months old while the large order could not have been more than 3 1/2 days old. The flavor was so good that it's hard to wait though.:)

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
I went through the same. I kept finding what I thought would be my all day vape, then suddenly it tastes so different. Sometimes even the colour was hugely different even. I got tired of it and decided to DIY. Now I've got five all day vapes and enough random batches of so so stuff to keep me going for months.

It's maybe worth going through the random flavour changes to find out what you like or not, then it's easier to replicate what you know you really liked before.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Well other than it's harder to measure the exact amount of flavoring and sweetener for a small bottle so the measurements could be off especially if drops are used to measure the flavoring or sweetener. You could make your own juices and see if you can do any better making a small bottle come out exactly like a large bottle.

For the sake of clarity, I'm not talking about a flavor difference like that of Coca-Cola Classic v. New Coke. I'm talking about the difference between Coca-Cola Classic and Dr. Pepper. Some variation is to be expected in such small operations.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
I went through the same. I kept finding what I thought would be my all day vape, then suddenly it tastes so different. Sometimes even the colour was hugely different even. I got tired of it and decided to DIY. Now I've got five all day vapes and enough random batches of so so stuff to keep me going for months.

It's maybe worth going through the random flavour changes to find out what you like or not, then it's easier to replicate what you know you really liked before.

I'm close to trying the DIY route but I will run into resistance from significant others who already have poor preconceived notions about vaping. That and I'd also like to support the retail side of the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread