Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There’s another thread recently about a guy who was having leakage problems. Dunno whether they got fixed or not. The video of the build there may be worth a watch too. It is apparently a remarkably thirsty mod but the review was on the whole favorable. Apparently you may really want to use the optional larger tank that comes with the device.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
There’s another thread recently about a guy who was having leakage problems. Dunno whether they got fixed or not. The video of the build there may be worth a watch too. It is apparently a remarkably thirsty mod but the review was on the whole favorable. Apparently you may really want to use the optional larger tank that comes with the device.
Yes, I saw that thread, the was Vaping with Vic’s vid. Last I read he was off to try the suggestion on the vid.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Any thoughts yet?

Ya, I think Element Vape is slower than molasses in January getting things into the mail. One person finds a box. Another person finds the tape dispenser. Another person pulls the item. Another person pulls the mailing information. The manager conveys a meeting to make sure everybody is doing what they should be doing. You know, standard "best practice" crap.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Any thoughts yet?

Ok, Just got the first build in it. Impressive! Let me qualify that:
I like to vape in TC and use a lot of DNA devices that are limited to 70 Watts. Therefor I use Stainless wire and like to get a few ohms in the build for battery life. I used 2x28+36 SS Parallel Clapton on a 3.5mm rod. 6.5 wraps. I was able to get that coil in as a spaced coil without extending past the wicking channels. I got a solid 0.46Ω build. I'm vaping with the air flow control wide open and getting fog that would compete with most two coil atties. Flavor is a solid 5 out of 5. It's almost the same height as the Serpent Mini with the larger glass tank on it. I did get some initial seeping out of the air flow control after priming/wicking. After that, dry as a bone. Not unlike a lot of other atties wicked for max flavor. Here she is in a VT75C:

Centuar.jpg

No juice flow control, I like that. Wicks like a champ. Bubbles right now. Pretty small flat head grub screws. Might want a good jeweler's screwdriver. 510 is very stable and working well in TC. It does not have a bottom ring for the glass. I would use care when removing the deck while juice is present to prevent the glass from coming loose. Wire clamps are very close to the inner chamber so will need a good set of flat edge cutters to get a close cut. This one definitely makes rotation. No regrets from me.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Ok, Just got the first build in it. Impressive! Let me qualify that:
I like to vape in TC and use a lot of DNA devices that are limited to 70 Watts. Therefor I use Stainless wire and like to get a few ohms in the build for battery life. I used 2x28+36 SS Parallel Clapton on a 3.5mm rod. 6.5 wraps. I was able to get that coil in as a spaced coil without extending past the wicking channels. I got a solid 0.46Ω build. I'm vaping with the air flow control wide open and getting fog that would compete with most two coil atties. Flavor is a solid 5 out of 5. It's almost the same height as the Serpent Mini with the larger glass tank on it. I did get some initial seeping out of the air flow control after priming/wicking. After that, dry as a bone. Not unlike a lot of other atties wicked for max flavor. Here she is in a VT75C:

No juice flow control, I like that. Wicks like a champ. Bubbles right now. Pretty small flat head grub screws. Might want a good jeweler's screwdriver. 510 is very stable and working well in TC. It does not have a bottom ring for the glass. I would use care when removing the deck while juice is present to prevent the glass from coming loose. Wire clamps are very close to the inner chamber so will need a good set of flat edge cutters to get a close cut. This one definitely makes rotation. No regrets from me.

Thanks for the review, this is on my shipping list also.
A little off topic but how do you like the dual 28 gauge core with 36 wrap?
I'm currently using dual 26 core and 36 wrap usually ranging around 0.24-0.26 ohms. I want something higher in resistance for greater temp control accuracy and battery life

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Thanks for the review, this is on my shipping list also.
A little off topic but how do you like the dual 28 gauge core with 36 wrap?
I'm currently using dual 26 core and 36 wrap usually ranging around 0.24-0.26 ohms. I want something higher in resistance for greater temp control accuracy and battery life

It has become pretty much a go-to. I also use 2x26+36 when I have more room. They are very similar vapes. I spin my own using a Daedalus whosit watsit. It gives just enough of a flat profile to snag well under most grub screws. Decent ramp time @ 6 to 7 wraps. Enough structural integrity to resist deforming during wicking. I wish I had time to video the fog. It really is astounding to me for a single coil atty. I first started using it when simple wire muted flavor. The change made flavor pop.

• Agree
Reactions: BlackCRX

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
It has become pretty much a go-to. I also use 2x26+36 when I have more room. They are very similar vapes. I spin my own using a Daedalus whosit watsit. It gives just enough of a flat profile to snag well under most grub screws. Decent ramp time @ 6 to 7 wraps. Enough structural integrity to resist deforming during wicking. I wish I had time to video the fog. It really is astounding to me for a single coil atty. I first started using it when simple wire muted flavor. The change made flavor pop.
Same, I make my own coils also using a drill and 2 swivels. My go to is the dual 26 with 36 wrap. 3.5mm ID and between 6.5-6 wraps depending on the tank deck setup. This build basically took me off my old go to of dual plain round coil 26 gauge.
I will try the dual 28 next time. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread