The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How can you tell...

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by Sassyonemeis, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sassyonemeis

Sassyonemeis Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
    when the eGo battery is done charging?

I notice that when I screw it on the charger the button light blinks several times (sorry I didnt count). But since my batts didnt come with any instructions I dont know if they are getting fully charged or not.

Anyone know? :confused:

2. jackoboy82

jackoboy82 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    Wrexham, UK
    on your charger there should be a red light, when it's charged it turns to green

3. pkj

pkj Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2010
    Paula in Arizona
    What JackoBoy82 said.
    Yes, that is correct.

4. Sassyonemeis

Sassyonemeis Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
    I have the PCC, the instructions for the PCC said that when the PCC is fully charged it goes to green. Said nothing about the battery. I was kind of wondering if there is a secret code for the number of times the button light blinks on the batt... or if it just blinks the same amount of times every time you screw it onto the charger whether it's dead or fully charged..

5. jackoboy82

jackoboy82 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    Wrexham, UK
    i dont think it matters how charged it is, the blue light is just to let you know it's on charge

6. Bozzlite

Bozzlite Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Central Texas
    It should blink 5 times, then begin charging. 5 times just means its working normally. More or less blinks would indicate a problem with the battery or the charger. The amount of charge remaining in the battery does not affect the number of times it blinks.

BTW, it is recommended not to run the battery completely dead. Best to recharge when it has 25 to 50% capacity left. This will extend the life of the battery. Continued complete discharging of the battery has a negative effect on the overall life span and could result in the battery refusing to take a charge at all if it gets too low. Although I believe the Egos have a built in safe guard for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.