How can you tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I have the PCC, the instructions for the PCC said that when the PCC is fully charged it goes to green. Said nothing about the battery. I was kind of wondering if there is a secret code for the number of times the button light blinks on the batt... or if it just blinks the same amount of times every time you screw it onto the charger whether it's dead or fully charged..

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I have the PCC, the instructions for the PCC said that when the PCC is fully charged it goes to green. Said nothing about the battery. I was kind of wondering if there is a secret code for the number of times the button light blinks on the batt... or if it just blinks the same amount of times every time you screw it onto the charger whether it's dead or fully charged..

It should blink 5 times, then begin charging. 5 times just means its working normally. More or less blinks would indicate a problem with the battery or the charger. The amount of charge remaining in the battery does not affect the number of times it blinks.

BTW, it is recommended not to run the battery completely dead. Best to recharge when it has 25 to 50% capacity left. This will extend the life of the battery. Continued complete discharging of the battery has a negative effect on the overall life span and could result in the battery refusing to take a charge at all if it gets too low. Although I believe the Egos have a built in safe guard for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread