Status
Not open for further replies.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I have a 3ml btl of flavored 70pg/30vg no-nic juice that I made a few weeks ago. Silly me didn't record what I used to make it (though I could probably re-create it if I really wanted to). I know I know...don't say it. lol. Take notes!!

I like it, but it's not one that I want to try to make more of atm.

I would like to add pg nic to it now.

Is this possible after the fact?? and how do I do it?

I have both 60mg pg nic and 36mg pg nic. I normally vape 18mg but lower is perfectly fine.

I would be more likely to vape it up with nic, and not waste it. TIA :)

MrByte

Moved On
Jan 24, 2011
Earth
I use 100mg, to make 24mg I would add 2.4ml per 10ml of pre-mixed flavored juice. The flavor will be diluted a bit, but I don't find that to be a problem personally, as I tend to make my flavors stronger for that reason.

There are calculators available. What I get from the one I just downloaded is 3ml of 60mg, then 7ml of your juice will make it 18.

You should download the spreadsheet and work the figures yourself, just to be sure.

MrByte

Moved On
Jan 24, 2011
Earth
If you add VG, it will further dilute the flavor. I don't know how much you should add to keep the 70/30, but in adding 3ml PG to the 7ml of your mix, you'll end up with 79/21 pg/vg, if my math isn't faulty...since my high school tended to teach how to chop trees and how to smoke stuff that ECF censors, I may be off ;-)

Side note: I sucked at both...so I became a computer geek.

Adding VG to this mix will reduce the nic levels.

Futher calcs show that by making a 9ml batch you'd do the following:

2.7ml 60mg nic.
6.3ml flavored juice.

This gives you juice that has 4.41 (.7*6.3) ml of pg + 2.7ml nic'd PG, and 1.89 (.3*6.3) ml VG. This again is roughly 79/21 pg/vg (by percent). Adding the 1ml VG will give you 2.89ml of VG to 7.11ml PG, or close to 70/30.

Sorry, had to work this out the hard way, my math is slow and unintuitive.

To get this to somewhere near the 70/30 pg/vg ratio, add 1ml VG. The numbers I get are around 71/29 pg/vg.

Also, if your flavors are PG based and you haven't taken them into account, you will have higher PG. I have a recipe that has so much flavoring in it, that my preferred 80/20 is a pipe dream. Next time I make it I will use plain VG instead of my pre mixed 80/20 base, to try to get it to have more clouds...and hope it'll still flow thru my tank attys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread