How do you know when your e juice has "expired"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearscreek

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
TN
I wish I knew. In my opinion, nobody really knows for sure because vaping is such a new thing. I think the consensus is probably that the nic may lose strength and flavorings become weaker. I've had some juices stored for around 16 months at this point and they still seem to be fine, but I do have some plain PG that seems to be turning juices cloudy when I mix it in them. It may be a fluke with the PG. I don't know. I've always just gone with the assumption that the juice may get weak with age, but if it still tastes okay then I'll use it and maybe add flavoring. I don't think it would ruin your atties. There has been some speculation that storing in the fridge isn't good anyway, so you may not need to worry about that. Like I said, just my opinion, but I don't think anybody really knows for sure. If I were you, I'd make sure to keep it out of heat and light as much as possible.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nicotine loses it's strength with H2O moisture and heat. While some people store ejuice in the refrigerator - taking the ejuice in and out of the refrigerator will cause moisture to develop from the temp change. Ejuice is best stored in a cool, dark and dry place. And it can last up to 2 years that way. Both PG and VG are desiccants and preservatives so that type of 'moisture' isn't as harmful to the nicotine as water. Even old ejuice wouldn't affect the atomizer unless the viscosity changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread