Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
im new to vaping and still getting the lay of the land.

I’m finding my coffee table cluttered with all types of different bottles and brands of e juice. I bought a couple samplers as well.

So the question is - how do you store your liquid? Out of the sun? In a cool area? In a plastic container? Etc....

Thanks so much!!

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
You want to store them in a cool dark place. Don' expose them to high Temps or a great deal of light, some juices will darken and can become harsh tasting. My friend and I make our own juice in large batches and refrigerate it so that it keeps better and the nicotine doesn't get harsh. We also have a separate fridge for storing the juice where it is not within the reach of little people.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
im new to vaping and still getting the lay of the land.

I’m finding my coffee table cluttered with all types of different bottles and brands of e juice. I bought a couple samplers as well.

So the question is - how do you store your liquid? Out of the sun? In a cool area? In a plastic container? Etc....

Thanks so much!!

Fidola, those that I'm using, I keep in a drawer (dark, cool). Those that are full, new, unused bottles get stored in the freezer. Never a prob in nearly 7 years vaping.

vapesearch.tk

Unresolved Status
Dec 23, 2017
Czech Republic
vapesearch.tk
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unreg Supplier

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
Keep all my Vape gear and supplies in a “hutch” in the breakfast nook of the kitchen. Keep all my juice in the bottom cabinet of the hutch. Cool and dry for sure. It’s the coldest corner of the house year round. Never had any juice go bad. Matter of fact I’m vaping a bottle of three to four year old juice right now.

Keeping it out of the light and not letting it get hot seems to work well.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I tend to make in large batches so I don't have to do it as often, so I keep the large bottles in the freezer, and then as I need juice, I fill smaller 30ml unicorn bottles that stay in a box on my desk so that they aren't out in the light. My vaping operation is a pretty small one compared to a lot of people here though, so my way might not work too well if you have a lot of different juices that you're vaping. I keep to a pretty standard three.

NavrasJueventa

Dec 29, 2017
Mine live in the fridge as here in Australia it get rather warm during the summer 95+f/40+c degrees.
20171228_114736.jpg

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Mine live in the fridge as here in Australia it get rather warm during the summer 95+f/40+c degrees. View attachment 708975

With you on that one! I got myself a little 46lt bar fridge in December. Found the perfect spot on a kitchen bench for it and all my liquids (and nothing else) go in there. Too rotten hot at the moment to leave them out!
Catherine

NavrasJueventa

Dec 29, 2017
With you on that one! I got myself a little 46lt bar fridge in December. Found the perfect spot on a kitchen bench for it and all my liquids (and nothing else) go in there. Too rotten hot at the moment to leave them out!
Catherine
My nic is in the freezer along with my backup diy flavours and vg cause I got nowhere else to put them

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I store any e-liquids I won't be using routinely in "my" refrigerator including flavorings, whatever nic base is open (and not frozen) and some liquids I don't use a lot of like my wholesale WTA liquids (the one in use, I leave out). I keep most of my mixes in amber bottles to avoid light issues, but I don't worry about heat as much, since I tend to be in the middle of the steeping process when I start vaping it (sometimes... Not so much now that I've gotten an assembly line going). Otherwise, it's in a dark place in my vaping closet. I do probably have too many bottles out, but it's really difficult when I'm vaping so many different flavors at a time. If I've made a double mix and it's done steeping, I will put one bottle in the refrigerator, but I'm not entirely sure that is needed, even (I use 60 ml bottles... So... most will be done with in a few months or at the most, 6.)

I'm actually seeing a NEED to slow down on mixing and vape away what I have. so probably won't start DIY again for a month or so as I just got a bunch of new flavors that I am really enjoying and I made 90 mls, not 60. :)

I have noticed my storebought vanilla that I couldn't vape (didn't agree with me) has darkened considerably over the months, but they are in clear plastic bottles. With amber bottles, I don't tend to see much darkening, even if light is present.

Anna

Anna.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I had no idea you could store liquids in a refrigerator....thought they might freeze solid...obviously not.

Would you keep them in the freezer compartment or in the cooling section?

The problem with a fridge is if you constantly taking the juice in and out replacing the cold air with warm air in the jug its going to condensate maybe ruining the juice. Some live in climates that require juice to be kept in a fridge but just on a shelf in a cooler spot should do. Mine just sit on a shelf in the basement, just my nic and some concentrates are in a freezer.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
I had no idea you could store liquids in a refrigerator....thought they might freeze solid...obviously not.

Would you keep them in the freezer compartment or in the cooling section?
it should be based on how long it will be stored. more then a month in the frig, more than a year then the freezer. that's my theory and sticking to it even if its not right.;)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The problem with a fridge is if you constantly taking the juice in and out replacing the cold air with warm air in the jug its going to condensate maybe ruining the juice. Some live in climates that require juice to be kept in a fridge but just on a shelf in a cooler spot should do. Mine just sit on a shelf in the basement, just my nic and some concentrates are in a freezer.
Never had that problem and I have been keeping my ejuices in the fridge for 7+ years. Nic in freezer except what I am using.
Always allow ejuice to warm to room temp and shake before refilling the bottle that you use on a daily basis. The ejuice I use (in 30ml bottles) on a daily basis resides in a tool box at room temp and lid closed.
YMMV
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread