The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

how do you use a CE4?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by JesusIsLife12345, Apr 27, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JesusIsLife12345

JesusIsLife12345 Full Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Okay so help. This is my first time using a Clearomizer, I usually use Atomizers. So I filled it up with Juice. It's also fully charged. I Tried holding down the button then inhaling it, but it seems like its not working. how do you do this.... please help. When I push down the button it lights up so there is no problem with the battery

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    There's a little center pin (with a small hole in the center of it) on the underside of the clearomizer. The end of it has to make contact with the little round metal piece in the center part of the top of the battery...when you screw the clearomizer on it. Sometimes, the pin won't make contact. So you need to pull it out just a very very tiny bit with a pair of tweezers. Don't pull too hard nor too much...just a tiny bit. Then attach the clearomizer onto your battery again and see if it works.

If it still doesn't work, you may have a broken wire inside the clearomizer if it's been dropped, or maybe banged around in shipment, etc. The CE4's are disposable, so nothing you can do to fix it if that's what's wrong.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    The best use for a CE4 today is in a glass display box for your vape museum ;)

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. tara81

tara81 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    Hmm maybe you didn't give it time to saturate the wick? I know the clearomizer tank I get with mig cig cigalike batteries have the wick at the top so tipping it before using them help. Also if you overfill a tank sometimes they don't work I think.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio

Sounds like you may have a poor electrical connection between the CE4 and battery device. If you accidentally over-tighten a "tank" onto your battery device, you can push the battery device's center pin connector in too far. The below video demonstrates how to correct this problem.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. the wind

the wind Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    I used to hold it to my ear when pressing the button.if you hear some crackling its firing.if not you may need to raise the pin or try another atty.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RigBick

RigBick Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2018
    Clearwater, Fl
    I use my ce4 cartomizer to prop up the leg in my dining room table. Sorry don't mean to poke fun but with the equipment available now and the performance quality of that particular piece of technology much better could be done. Maybe a C E5. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    In the last bunch of CE4s I received, half didn't work. I tried to pull the pin up from my battery and pulling down the pin from the clearomiser. Still nothing. Those things are made very cheaply.

I then moved on to better tanks like the Vivi Nova.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Not every one can afford fancy stuff.. I used an ego with a ce4 for two years, it's what got me off the smokes..

Nothing to laugh at...there might be better but if some thing works it works

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    Geez...some of the comments on here...:facepalm:

They sure won't encourage the OP to post other questions if/when he has them. Posting comments to poke fun at someone, and/or to put down what he's using...doesn't help the OP at all with what he asked about.

ETA: @Opinionated - Good to see that someone else had the same thoughts. Didn't see your post until I clicked to post mine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Hey, at the time, I really did switch up to the VIvi. Actually, it was the VN Mini.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    The last 2 posts (by Opinionated and I) weren't talking about your post at all. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I'll never have anything to say and not say it to you directly sweetheart..

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Great post Bad :thumb:

Man, this brings back memories for me. I loved CE4's after getting tired of the maintenance required for the eGo-C system atties. CE4's and cartos kept me vaping until I discovered Genisis tanks.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. chellie

chellie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I used them in the past every now and then and I did get a few bad ones. When I had a bad one - I was never able to get it to work so when I would order - I would order like 5 at a time. Whatever works for you is fine. They are economical and a good starting point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. tara81

tara81 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    im not sure how ce4 clearomizer is any different from a mig cig fusion clearomizer , halo g6 clearomizer , or vivi nova clearomizer . I remember the vivi nova being pretty cheap when i bought one 4 years ago .. =)

I do know that a lot of glass tankes nowadays are a lot bigger then these clearomizers , and some people like using small cigalikes to feel like a cigarette is in your hands while you vape. I love migcig ecigs but I do have to use strong flavors to taste it with 4.2 volts and 1.8 - 2.5 ohm clearos.

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I remember getting two 1100mah VV eGo sticks, a 5-pk of i16's and a 50ml of 24mg Dekang.

"Yesss! I'm set for years!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Yeah, my first purchase was two Egos and two CE4s and 30 mls of 24 mg French vanilla.

They said, you may need a few more of those ce4s. Nope, I said, I’m good!

Wish I still had that philosophy!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Although CE4's are not the tastiest vape or even the safest vape, they are a convenient alternative to smoking. I think at times we experienced vapers mistakenly think others should want what we like and should enjoy tinkering as much as we do.

A CE4 mounted on a 350mah ego battery is in my wife's pocket every day at work. Stealth vaping is easy and as long as one knows to keep the wicks wet and uses lower viscosity liquid they work pretty well. Easy to refill and if left in a hot car they don't weep like many vacuum based devices.

I suspect the CE4 is still the most commonly used device for smokers getting started vaping, as they are cheap and broadly available. I think most of the non-hobbyist vapers want something simple that works, almost as convenient as picking up a pack of smokes. Only a small percentage of those who vape are hobbyists and want to fiddle like many of us here on ECF.

Different strokes for different folks, whatever it takes to stay off the smokes.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  20. LewisW295

LewisW295 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    One of the best fill n go tanks in my MTL days was a CE4 style device. It was better than the Nautilus Mini and the Kanger T3D tanks I had. Don't hate.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.