How does steeping effect Wakonda for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
A very generous forum member sent me some NT samples quite a while back, because I was/am FRIGHTENINGLY low on funds and they are juuuust at that price point that makes me nervous to order without having an idea of what I'm in for. Wakonda was one of those samples, and it was just addictingly blissful! The best juice I've ever tasted (even though it tasted nothing like what I expected/wanted it to, it was exactly what I needed it to be. Hah. Am I the only one who gets almost a banana vibe? Like, real, true, banana. Not that "I swear it doesn't taste like candy.. but really it does" crap I keep getting disappointed by with inferior vendors. No? Anyway. Tangent. Ahem.).

POINT: I finally saved enough money to order a 60 ml when it was 30% off, which arrived a couple of days ago. It tastes very much like I remember it, and it is delicious!.... but I am not tasting nearly as much flavor as I did before (or as much as I would like). I find myself chain-vaping because, yes, it has a fantastic flavor in there; but also because I'm chasing a full flavor which I am only getting hints of. Now, this bottle was just mixed last month, and I have no idea how long the sample had been steeped for, but presumably a while. This must be a factor, yes?

MUCH MORE TO THE POINT: Has it been your personal experience that this juice tends to get STRONGER in flavor with time (as opposed to the flavor profile simply evolving)?

Perhaps my palate is in a weird place, and I'm sure the juice varies slightly from batch to batch, and regardless... I will very likely be buying this again. But I am wondering what I can expect with time, based on your experiences.

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
A very generous forum member sent me some NT samples quite a while back, because I was/am FRIGHTENINGLY low on funds and they are juuuust at that price point that makes me nervous to order without having an idea of what I'm in for. Wakonda was one of those samples, and it was just addictingly blissful! The best juice I've ever tasted (even though it tasted nothing like what I expected/wanted it to, it was exactly what I needed it to be. Hah. Am I the only one who gets almost a banana vibe? Like, real, true, banana. Not that "I swear it doesn't taste like candy.. but really it does" crap I keep getting disappointed by with inferior vendors. No? Anyway. Tangent. Ahem.).

POINT: I finally saved enough money to order a 60 ml when it was 30% off, which arrived a couple of days ago. It tastes very much like I remember it, and it is delicious!.... but I am not tasting nearly as much flavor as I did before (or as much as I would like). I find myself chain-vaping because, yes, it has a fantastic flavor in there; but also because I'm chasing a full flavor which I am only getting hints of. Now, this bottle was just mixed last month, and I have no idea how long the sample had been steeped for, but presumably a while. This must be a factor, yes?

MUCH MORE TO THE POINT: Has it been your personal experience that this juice tends to get STRONGER in flavor with time (as opposed to the flavor profile simply evolving)?

Perhaps my palate is in a weird place, and I'm sure the juice various slightly from batch to batch, and regardless... I will very likely be buying this again. But I am wondering what I can expect with time, based on your experiences.

Long answer need to wait until I am in front of a PC. [emoji120]

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Long answer need to wait until I am in front of a PC. [emoji120]

From the man himself! Looking forward to your response. :)

P.S. Thanks for introducing me to GCD with my Wakonda order! It's one I might never have ordered, but it is well appreciated and surprisingly very tasty (even when I cut it to my nic level with unflavored juice, it shines with my morning coffee as well as my evening beer). And a full free 30ml in lieu of the 15ml sample I crossed my fingers for? Those are the kind of surprises that keep customers even as broke as I am coming back.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Welcome to the NuThouse Fiatrix! The Wakonda and GCD definitely are great fresh but they are pure awesomeness steeped! I'm really glad you are liking them!
Thank you. :) What specific differences do you notice between fresh and well-steeped, particularly with Wakonda?

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
While I don't have an all day vape Wakonda is the juice u consume the most of. I generally have 3 or 4 different juices at the ready...but Wakonda is always in more than one tank. While great fresh I think the changes are very subtle with a steeping. In my opinion it gets a little darker/richer and just pops.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

Perhaps my palate is in a weird place, and I'm sure the juice varies slightly from batch to batch, and regardless... I will very likely be buying this again. But I am wondering what I can expect with time, based on your experiences.

I think Wakonda does get a bit stronger, although I am not sure stronger is the adjective I would choose... richer, maybe. More balanced?

The age of the liquid (IE, when it was bottled) really makes little difference in our experience. To steep the liquid, transfer to a unicorn bottle and shake regularly... or, shake the glass bottle and leave the cap off (several times). Exposure to oxygen is the key.

I hope that helps - thank you for the kind words - so glad you are enjoying our craft!~

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I think Wakonda does get a bit stronger, although I am not sure stronger is the adjective I would choose... richer, maybe. More balanced?

The age of the liquid (IE, when it was bottled) really makes little difference in our experience. To steep the liquid, transfer to a unicorn bottle and shake regularly... or, shake the glass bottle and leave the cap off (several times). Exposure to oxygen is the key.

I hope that helps - thank you for the kind words - so glad you are enjoying our craft!~
Thanks for the reply, and the tips! I have transferred all of my NT liquids into unicorn bottles, and I shake them just about every day (and exchange the air every once in a while when I take a taste). I'm hiding half of my Wakonda from myself because it is hard not to vape it all up immediately, but I want to taste the difference after a long steep!

Btw, I am wondering if the "banana" (or even pineapple) quality that I get from Wakonda is actually how my palate is picking up the tobacco notes. Has anyone ever mentioned something similar? I am unfamiliar with NETs and TAs (also not sure of the difference between those two...), so in order to investigate this theory, I ordered some Radioactive. :rolleyes: I'm pretty excited to try one of your less sweet flavors, regardless!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Thanks for the reply, and the tips! I have transferred all of my NT liquids into unicorn bottles, and I shake them just about every day (and exchange the air every once in a while when I take a taste). I'm hiding half of my Wakonda from myself because it is hard not to vape it all up immediately, but I want to taste the difference after a long steep!

Btw, I am wondering if the "banana" (or even pineapple) quality that I get from Wakonda is actually how my palate is picking up the tobacco notes. Has anyone ever mentioned something similar? I am unfamiliar with NETs and TAs (also not sure of the difference between those two...), so in order to investigate this theory, I ordered some Radioactive. :rolleyes: I'm pretty excited to try one of your less sweet flavors, regardless!

Taste is extremely subjective - people have reported lots of seemingly far-fetched flavor anomalies. I know whats in them and sometimes I get surprised with a "hrmmm, what is that?" Its one of traits of comparatively complex liquid.

Sounds like you are on the right track with steeping - generally speaking if you treat the liquid well, it will treat you well. We pre-steep (speed steep) the liquid before it's bottled, so it should be vapable right when you open up the bottle. The process of bottling and sealing the bottles stops that process until you open the bottle... the rest is up to you!

Cheers, ~Clark

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Whoa, guys. Whoa.

Radioactive just arrived, and holy cannoli.
Like Wakonda, it doesn't taste like I expected -- but, my god, is it ever good.

I swear I almost taste a very subtle pina colada, so I know my taste buds are wackadoodle. It is definitely sweet enough for me with that lovely vanilla (but importantly, nowhere near being TOO sweet), and I can see it getting heavier/smokier/earthier with age, which would also be awesome. But fresh out of the box, it is fan-freaking-tastic.

I've been systematically ordering a flavor at a time when they go on special, so I can figure out which ones I want to buy an ungodly amount of when I finally make my BOGO order. I know we just met... but Radio is definitely going the distance with me and Wakonda.

<beg>Please, for the love of all that is delicious, make this a black label! </beg>

UPDATE: Okay... now (an hour and a half later) it tastes like spiced rum with a splash of vanilla cola! Still effing amazing. I know, I'm being weird. The end. :banana:

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Whoa, guys. Whoa.

Radioactive just arrived, and holy cannoli.
Like Wakonda, it doesn't taste like I expected -- but, my god, is it ever good.

I swear I almost taste a very subtle pina colada, so I know my taste buds are wackadoodle. It is definitely sweet enough for me with that lovely vanilla (but importantly, nowhere near being TOO sweet), and I can see it getting heavier/smokier/earthier with age, which would also be awesome. But fresh out of the box, it is fan-freaking-tastic.

I've been systematically ordering a flavor at a time when they go on special, so I can figure out which ones I want to buy an ungodly amount of when I finally make my BOGO order. I know we just met... but Radio is definitely going the distance with me and Wakonda.

<beg>Please, for the love of all that is delicious, make this a black label! </beg>

UPDATE: Okay... now (an hour and a half later) it tastes like spiced rum with a splash of vanilla cola! Still effing amazing. I know, I'm being weird. The end. :banana:

The Black Label/White Label thing is irrelevant these days. The bottom line is, flavors that sell, stick around. The Best of ECF Award Winners are a bit of an exception, we'll never get rid of those! ;)

Glad you are enjoying Radioactive - it's one of my personal favorites too. Staring at a tank of Radio here myself - paying more attention to Butterscotch Pudding today for some reason!

Vape Strong!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread