How hard can it be to make the real cig ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Personally i never did like the "taste" of analogs. I smoked purely because i couldn't stop smoking with out my temper flaring up massively.

I hated smelling of smoked tobacco.

I hated the fact that my garage smelt of smoked tobacco (i never smoked in my house the last three years)

I was a non-smoker trapped in a smokers body. There was no way out.

Well i been free for two weeks now and i haven't ....ted anyone yet. And there is no tobacco smell anywhere in my house or garage.

I hope and pray that i'll never taste that foul poisonous analog taste again.

Whats to miss ???? i don't get it.

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
so far I am using 24mg but for some reason I find myself vaping 24/7. Maybe I have to go up to 36mg? I am about to buy a bloog in the shape of a real cig maybe that helps too. Love my GoGo a lot and the other pv's but I think with a analog shaped e-cig I get some more sensation. We will see how that goes after another $100 spend lol.

It wasn't until I uped my nic to 36mg that I felt comfortable. After a few months I tried to go back down to 24mg but my body freaked out and I was vaping all the time. I had to go back up to 36mg. Now I start my day with 36 and use the 24 after dinner or when I'm sitting at the computer with my passthrough, vaping like crazy. I don't need to vape nearly as much at 36mg and I like that.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Not to single any out, but I've read so, so many "Who in their right minds could possibly want to recreate the taste and smell of a cigarette?" type of posts here over my nearly 1.5 years of vaping that I fear this matter of taste is turning into ECF orthodoxy. To the OP: It's not wrong to want that! Whether your and my fondness for a taste and smell of cigarette smoking is a product of addiction or a "legitimate" matter of taste doesn't matter. If anybody does replicate it in a liquid, they will be entitled to the riches and thanks of many, myself included.

(Just had to get that off my chest. :) )

That said, I haven't found one that's even close. In case it's helpful, I'm discovering that, for me, vaping the same thing all the time and going with something in the tobacco family that I at least half like helps re-recreate some of the consistency that smoking provides. (I understand that most here might say "monotony" instead of consistency.) For over a month now, I've been vaping basically unflavored, dotted with just a bit (maybe 10%) of TV Tobacco doubler. I think that is the longest I've stayed 100% with same flavor and, for now at least, it's starting to taste like home.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
I would love to get to the point where I can't stand the smell and taste of a cig but thus far I still do. :(

You might always enjoy cigarette smells.

I honestly miss the smell of smoke on my fingers, and the taste of smoking in general. But it's a bit like not being able to eat a favorite food any more. A little sad, but not a complete disaster. Life is filled with little things like that.

Quitting nicotine, for me, is complete disaster. instead of not being able to eat a favorite food, it was like not being able to eat food at all.

The other thing, and I think this is what many vapers are trying to say when the say how much tobacco smoke stinks, is that my senses are very different now. I can smell and taste things again, and have found that some scents & tastes that I remember enjoying are now unpleasant to me (and vice versa). Cigarettes are one of those things. I smoked one a couple of months into vaping, and it was awful. Not at all like I remembered them.

So, I miss the way they were in my memory, but the reality of them now is not like that anymore. If they made a juice that perfectly replicated the taste of a cigarette, I would find it too unpleasant to vape. It's a little bittersweet, it's true.

Last edited:

mylose64

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Savannah, GA
Probably not. I would love to get to the point where I can't stand the smell and taste of a cig but thus far I still do. :(

Don't worry you will!!!!

Soon you'll start looking at ashtrays different, all the burn holes, cigarette butts all over the ground, people coughing.

It's not just the sense of smell and taste that come back, but your vision too.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
It shocks me when I look at my little banner and see how many cigarettes avoided. Imagine all those cigarette butts on the ground.
TheTaz.gif
Cigarette butts shouldn't be on the ground anyway.
FriendlyDisagreement.gif

But, regardless of where they end up, the hundreds of millions (maybe billions) of cigarette butts generated each day is staggering to consider.
One of the great things about leaving cigarettes behind.

Neko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread