• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How is the Govt shutdown effecting you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Saving the political views for the OUTSIDE section...How is the shutdown effecting your neck of the woods?

I'm on Inspector-Instructor Duty at a Reserve Center and in one day all operations have come to a halt. Drill scheduled for this weekend has been canceled, Reserve Marines on TAD/TDY have been recalled and will immediately come out of drilling status upon arriving back home. All first quarter TAD/TDY requests must be approved by the first GENERAL OFFICER in the CoC. GSA/Govt vehicle use has been limited to Casualty Assistance and Funeral Honors only. No outgoing mail or freight shipments, no fiscal supply functions, no new maintenance parts requests....and the list goes on.

Personally...it all gives me some time to catch up on ancillary things while the big ticket stuff is on hold...

EatBacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Wherever the ARMY sends me
the global war on terrorism has brought us to the point where we need civilian support more than we should (if you are one of them don't be ......, the truth is the truth). The military is sliming down and putting Soldiers out, in my opinion we should get joes back into the positions that we have filled with GS and Contractors. It is the "Military" let's let the military members do their jobs. Ok, I don't want to get started so I'll say a loud and thunderous "AIRBORNE"

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
I am in a civilian helicopter flight school. I just took my proficiency exam for an Instrument Rating(not check ride) but still can't take the FAA written exam because there is nobody to process the results. It sucks, because I really just want to get this crap behind me so I can get my life back to normal, but it could be much worse I guess.

samurai7314

Aug 31, 2013
I have to agree the civilian military environment is ridiculous. I've got 6 combat deployments under my belt and I have to say every year I saw more and more civilians doing things that the same amount of troops do for four to five times the pay. On top of that TCN's.... Well I just leave it at that. Now I'm stuck on an army base and no offense, but it seems like they can't function without civilians.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Update on pay, in a nut shell

Military members: Final guidance on making military pay under the Pay Our Military Act was received from the DoD late yesterday. Normal pay and allowances have been processed and you will receive them in you mid-month pay. The amount reflected in your mid-month statement will be deposited.

Civilian employees: DFAS has also processed civilian payroll. All employees will receive normal pay through September 30. The amount of pay for Oct 1-5 will be dependent on whether an employee is exempt, excepted from furlough or furloughed. Pay will be received on your normal pay dates beginning Oct 11.

Federal Government shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread