How Long Can Nicotine Be Stored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinBones

Moved On
Aug 18, 2012
Ohio
I'm going to start stockpiling just in case it's unobtainable once the FDA gets regulation over it. I'm not wealthy enough to buy a 55 gallon drum all at once but figure I can start buying about 250ml/month or so. I've heard the best way to store it is in the freezer but not really sure. At any rate, what's the best way to store it and how long can it be stored before going bad? Or does it go bad at all?

I'm sure someone else already posted a question like this but the search feature on this forum is confusing to me and I never am able to find the info I'm searching for, so I figured I'd ask again.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Most of the eliquid i got states a 24months expiry once opened. I store my juices in the freezer, might be able to last longer that way. To get the exact number of months they will go bad, i guess someone will have to leave their liquid around in a corner for a looooong time and try vaping on it after that to experiment. I'm curious also whether anybody actually does that.

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
I store mine in the freezer. I get small amber or cobalt glass bottles 30ml size and put the nic juice into them, leaving a small amount of space at the top. I then place them in a lock box (plastic with a lock on). in my freezer. The nic juice itself in VG or PG will not freeze, but stored like this I believe it will last for years. I use small bottles so I can take out a small amount when needed and leave it to get to room temperature for about 4 hours before I use it.

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
I read some info about beer bottle colors and which colored beer bottles are best at preventing light from entering and degrading the contents, and of course clear bottles are the least effective, green bottles are OK, but brown colored bottles were best, so maybe storing nicotine in brown bottles would help keep some light out, because even if you keep it in the freezer, you do open that freezer from time to time and let light in. Another way to solve the light issue is to store them in the box they came in, but the thin cardboard box will likely get damaged, so wrapping it in a ziplock would be a good idea.

As far as overall nicotine degradation over time while kept under 32 degrees F, do we have a chemist in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread