How long do pass-throughs generally last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

googabee

Aug 28, 2010
Vermont
I've got 2 510 type PTs from madvapes and another on the way. They've been problem free since I started using them 2-3 weeks ago. Use them all the time at home and just transfer the atty/cart to my ego batteries when I go out. I'd recommend this system to anyone who's on the computer, or maybe just in front of the TV or in the car a lot. I probably only charge a battery twice per week whereas it was daily when I just had the ego kit.

I've seen some folks say their PTs haven't lasted, though I'm not sure the cause aside from the cable being accidentally ripped out.

Of course I hope mine last indefinitely, but are they prone to 'burning out' or just failing for whatever reason at some point?

Thanks!

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I have two from madvapes as well. the first one died, same problem everyone has. The weak point is were the cord attaches to the body. There is a fairly simple fix for this. Take black electrical tape and wind it around the cord right next to the body until it's at the level of the body. Take a straw (I used a McDonalds one) cut it down the middle and into about a one inch section. Put this over the tape and the end of the body. Then tape the straw down to the body and the tape. This fixed the first one and the second one has never had this problem and is going strong months later.

Hope this helps.

Oh yah, don't tape over the straw were the led can be seen that way you can still see it light up so you know when it's plugged in right.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
Totally agree thats the PT is a can't live without option.
Have had mine over two months and still going.
Only issue I had was our pet rabbit chewed the cord in half about a week ago. Quick splice and tape fixed that.
FYI-If you own a free ranging rabbit, don't let your pt cord dangle off the table close to the floor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread