The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How Long?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Im417247, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Im417247

Im417247 Full Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Ive been analog free for 2 months now and thought Id want a real cig by now but I dont!

2. smilyblue

smilyblue Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    NH
    That is totally awesome Im417247, keep up the good work. I have had thoughts about analogs and was even curious what it would be like to try one but I don't.

Not sure when or if you will ever want another real cig after vaping all the great flavors vaping has to offer...

Congrats!

3. Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    Congrats on two months free of cigs. Now go buy yourself something cool for reaching this milestone. Maybe some juice or a MOD!

4. Cindra

Cindra Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Awesome!! WTG!! Keep up the good work. :)

It has been 9 days for me and there are times that I really feel like I just want to grab an analog, however, I continue to choose not too. I am hoping those urges will diminish before to long. I have not done the smoke an analog and see thing, because even though I get the urge I really don't want one. Just feels like I do.

5. Dee74

Dee74 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay,Fl
    Just keep your nic levels up for a while before starting to cut down and then only go a few mgs at a time. I cut too fast 6 mg and did not do well now I only drop 2 or 3 mg at a time and do much better. And always keep a little higher nic juice around for those killer cravings that will come! Congrats and hang in there!

6. Dmortal

Dmortal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    holland, mi
    making it a week has for many years seemed unmanageable; it was 100 times easier than I could ever have imagined!

7. xg4bx

xg4bx Moved On ECF Veteran

to satisfy anyones curiosity, having an analog after vaping for awhile sucks. it is the worst tasting, least satisfying experience you could ever have. the cigs you used to love literally taste like the way a dirty ashtray smells.

8. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
    I've been vaping since June. I tried smoking an analog after about a week of vaping. It was nasty. A few weeks later I tried again. This time it was downright disgusting. It tasted like licking the bottom of a dirty ashtray. I can tell you all, I'm not going back to those horrid things. I don't even think about it anymore.

9. perlguy9

perlguy9 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Congrats! Going on a week for me, but really more like 2 since the past several times I've lit a real cigarette it was really just "testing" myself. Now that I've found some juice flavors I really like, I am settling in and really enjoying this e-cig thing.

10. abechik

abechik Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2010
    malaysia
    i felt the same way too, and i think it is funny... not sure why i love that thing for the last 20 years, esp in the morning where it used to smell so good i would go ahhhhhh ... now i think it is eewwwwww

... i'm slowly start to collect backup equipment and juice now ... don't want to be and smell like a walking chimney anymore , ever !!!!

11. banjo

banjo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2010
    Rio Oso, CA
    I've been analog free for over 5 months, and I'm still amazed at how easy it was to make the transition from smoking to vaping.

12. adeline

adeline Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Pretty much immediately after I began vaping, I noticed the smell of analogs and it was disgusting. I smoked ONE since I started vaping and I felt dizzy, sick, nauseated. Now when I smell cigarettes I think "Man I really wanna vape right now!"

So liberating.

Especially when I walk by the smokers outside the restaurant/movie theatre/store, take a drag and walk right inside to exhale. Victory!

13. BlackMetalBuick

BlackMetalBuick Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Only a few hours for me. Was expecting my starter kits to arrive tomorrow. Was still smoking analogs this morning when I noticed FedEx said my stuff was delivered! Sitting here vaping away now and I don't see myself turning back. Just started my last load of stinky cigarette laundry. I will NOT miss that.

14. silkakc

silkakc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Canandaigua, NY
    Congrats to you!

Isn't it a friggin miracle!?!
    I never thought I could quit so easily after 30 years of smoking. The Ecig made it too damn easy:)

Lori- on Day 50=)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.