How many of your friends still use a tiny battery? (the gas station stuff...blu, fin, v2 cigs, 21st century smoke, logic, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
Depending on their age I kinda get it.

Back in the mid 80s I picked up a gadget that looked very much like a cigalike ecig. It had no heating element. you just inhaled through it and were supposed to get your nic and flavor. There was no vapor. It was a miserable experience. That experience made me REALLY obstinate about trying ecigs. I just couldn't believe they would be any better.

God I remember those things they were all hollow plastic fracking tube with a Nicotine membrane that was it. they did absolutely squat it was literally like breathing through a straw!
When my wife came back and said she got me an e-cigarette that's exactly what I thought she found!
By comparison the current cigarette like devices are amazing I mean absolutely astounding!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

breeld

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2010
Alabama
Actually, I went from 510`s to the ego a couple of years ago. I got to missing my little ecigs, so since I had given them all away, I bought several more. I find myself using them more than the ego now. I`m not into all the vv/vw stuff, so I don`t feel like I`m missing out on anything. Sometimes, it`s just what a person likes that matters.

unknown_shooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix AZ
I can not recall EVER seeing someone pulling on a cigalike.

Lol.. my stealth rig is an eroll with 36mg DIY menthol juice (100% PG, so greatly reduced visible vapor).. 3 or 4 puffs and I'm good.. smokin' on campus (e-cigs banned), smokin' at work, smokin' in the jury box - I might even be smokin' in yer planez..

the only way you'll know is when you feel the room temperature drop on the exhale.. ( I use a LOT of menthol..) :vapor:

If I'm gonna be a pariah in society and an "outlaw", I'm gonna do it well..

Last edited:

drsocal

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I started with Blu's....... For 2 days until a friend of mine showed what real vaping is.... LoL now I use Innokin MVP 2.0 with iClear 30's or Vivi Nova's...... Now I get the throat hit I want and the endless choice of favors!!!

Way to step it up!

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
These must be what the average reader of anti-e-cigarette articles consider to be "E-Cigarettes". I see them so often it amazes me; it is rare to find pictures of other options. I presume these are the ones owned and hawked by "Big Tobacco"? Heck - I see them being hawked here as well! Offering "something for everyone" ....... one buck at a time. Fine job!

Senile Old Man Don ....... everywhere I go ....... "commercials" in one form or another!

E-CIG LOOKS LIKE WHAT.jpg E-CIGARETTE IN CHARGER.jpg E-CIGARETTE PICTURE.jpg

Last edited:

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I started with a Greensmoke cigalike, was my first exposure to e-cigs. I only used it to smoke in places I normally couldn't, and continued to smoke the analogs as usual...lol

Wasn't until I started vaping an ego style with a carto-tank that I realized I preferred the vape over smoke. I've moved up to PV's and mechanicals now, but keep those at home. My ego batteries and smaller tank/clearomizers are what I end up using throughout the day. ;)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I started with a Greensmoke cigalike, was my first exposure to e-cigs. I only used it to smoke in places I normally couldn't, and continued to smoke the analogs as usual...lol

Wasn't until I started vaping an ego style with a carto-tank that I realized I preferred the vape over smoke. I've moved up to PV's and mechanicals now, but keep those at home. My ego batteries and smaller tank/clearomizers are what I end up using throughout the day. ;)

I still have and use a greensmoke setup when I drive. At home though I use a REO + RM2. THere is a use for cigalikes even for some of us that know what sort of inferior vape they are.

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
It's always a constant struggle explaining to people what a difference the bigger batteries make...just wondering if most of your friends listen when you tell them to go BIG or do they still use the wimpy batteries from the gas station? Are you successful at converting most of them over or do most of them just refuse to go BIG as they keep puffing those baby batts?

Why are you "struggling" to get people to like something just because its what you like? Some of us don't WANT to use anything other than what we use. I am fully aware of all the options out there, but I get what I need from my 808's. I don't want separate atomizers, coils etc to clean and replace and tinker with. I'd rather give up vaping if I have to do all that. I want a small battery that I can screw onto a disposable clearomizer. Thats it. I charge my batteries once or twice a day, and toss my clearo after a couple weeks of use and fill up a new one. Thats as involved as I want my vaping experience to get. Some of you want to make a hobby of vaping, some of us just simply want a shot of nicotine without all the fuss.
I find the "constant struggle" is explaining to others that just because their bigger set-up makes them happy doesn't mean it will work for me. My favorite drink is Diet Pepsi. If you like something else thats great, why should I care if you don't like my drink of choice?

All that being said, I do think the convenience store cigs are crap, but there are some really good options out there now for smaller ecigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread