How much do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyss

Aug 18, 2015
I just started vaping, and being a nonsmoker I've found that sometimes the nicotine gives me a lift and relieves any tension, yet other times (especially at night) it gives me a headache and makes me a bit dizzy. Mind you I'm only using light, disposable e-cigs (flings). I'm about to buy my first setup tomorrow in a B&M. I'm thinking of buying some zero-nic and very low nic e-juice. I'm just curious about how much you vape and how it affects you.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
Close to my results, definitely a mental boost to mood, clarity and focus. I work in front of a computer when I'm not on the road, I always get tired of staring at a screen so I'll run outside and take a handful of puffs. Good to go for another hour or two!

I vape 10 to 12 ml on work days, and 15 to 20 on weekends, depending on activities.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Try a 12 mg nic liquid and see how you go, I'm a heavy vaper get through about 30ml a day and dropped my nic strength from 18 to 12 and got the happy balance for now. We're all different in how we respond to nic so general advice is the best anyone can do but get an idea of what mods and tanks your going to get and then go to the relevent forum here for more detailed info a lot of it from fantastic people with a good depth of knowledge.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I consume 4.5 ml per day, 12mg nic with temp control. .15 ohm 28 guage nickel coils, 500 degrees, 40 max watts on a clone Tugboat rda. When I was using watts control it was the same ml, nic, wire guage and rda with 1.5 ohm kanthal coils at 20 watts. The next thing I want to try is .9 ohm titanium coils to try and improve TC battery efficiency. DIY is out there somewhere.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
I just started vaping, and being a nonsmoker I've found that sometimes the nicotine gives me a lift and relieves any tension, yet other times (especially at night) it gives me a headache and makes me a bit dizzy. Mind you I'm only using light, disposable e-cigs (flings). I'm about to buy my first setup tomorrow in a B&M. I'm thinking of buying some zero-nic and very low nic e-juice. I'm just curious about how much you vape and how it affects you.

sorry i just do not understand if you are a non smoker why you would want to start taking nicotine

i am vaping because i am trying to give up the analogs and want rid of nic dependancy, i used to smoke a pack and a half a day for 30+ yrs, i am only using 6mg nic in my juice and it is keeping my cravings at bay, the day i started vaping i gave up the analogs and have not been tempted since even working with friends that still use analogs, some are also considering vaping to quit , i intend to cut my nic down in few more months and then again later to zero nic , then after a few months at zero i will decide if i still want to vape for the flavor and vapor or just quit

well thats the plan anyway

i dont intend to cut down to quick as i do not want to fail

i would say i use 2-3 x 30ml bottles a week at a guess and some of that is cut with streight vg which inturn cuts the nic and some of the flavor

i would say just try and find a setup that suits you that will give you a good amount flavor and good amount of vapor and see if it will satisfy your needs without the nic

sorry i just cant recomend nic

i hope you find a setup that works for you and your needs

Reactions: WinterQuinn

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Nicotine can have may benefits though and as far as we know is pretty safe in diluted form, it's the other toxins in cigarettes you need to worry about, nothing wrong with a little nic in your vape if that's what you want to do. Is it as addictive as we we think, no, I don't think it is, it's far far easier for me to go a very long time without a vape than it ever was when I smoked.
There is thread all about this somewhere, if I find it, I will post a link.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I never even answered your question, sorry about that, rule of thumb is higher ohms you can go higher in nic / mg, lower ohms reduce the level or you will have a nicotine overdose which is what you are getting, especially if you are no used to it or as you say, if you don't really care for it, go zero.

I vape 6 to 8mg at 1.6 ohm and 3mg at 0.2 ohms for example..

Lyss

Aug 18, 2015
sorry i just do not understand if you are a non smoker why you would want to start taking nicotin

i am vaping because i am trying to give up the analogs and want rid of nic dependancy, i used to smoke a pack and a half a day for 30+ yrs, i am only using 6mg nic in my juice and it is keeping my cravings at bay, the day i started vaping i gave up the analogs and have not been tempted since even working with friends that still use analogs, some are also considering vaping to quit , i intend to cut my nic down in few more months and then again later to zero nic , then after a few months at zero i will decide if i still want to vape for the flavor and vapor or just quit

well thats the plan anyway

i dont intend to cut down to quick as i do not want to fail

i would say i use 2-3 x 30ml bottles a week at a guess and some of that is cut with streight vg which inturn cuts the nic and some of the flavor

i would say just try and find a setup that suits you that will give you a good amount flavor and good amount of vapor and see if it will satisfy your needs without the nic

sorry i just cant recomend nic

i hope you find a setup that works for you and your needs
I understand your point. I like the effect nicotine has on me sometimes, at low doses-- which is why I want to choose some low-nic juice and also zero-nic juice. In other words I want to use nicotine in moderation, as my body is not used to getting a lot of it and I don't plan on using a lot.

Lyss

Aug 18, 2015
I never even answered your question, sorry about that, rule of thumb is higher ohms you can go higher in nic / mg, lower ohms reduce the level or you will have a nicotine overdose which is what you are getting, especially if you are no used to it or as you say, if you don't really care for it, go zero.

I vape 6 to 8mg at 1.6 ohm and 3mg at 0.2 ohms for example..
You seem very knowledgeable... Could you give me advice on what mg strength juice to buy for an estick mini (10w)? That's probably what I'm going to buy at my local vape shop. I have to confess I don't really understand ohms and all that :/
I'm also wondering if it's possible to have two tanks (one nic and one zero nic) and switch them out on one battery, or if you need two batteries? Thanks

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Could you give me advice on what mg strength juice to buy for an estick mini (10w)? That's probably what I'm going to buy at my local vape shop.
Try getting one bottle of 0mg & one bottle of 6mg (same flavor). If 6mg is too high mix equal amounts of each to get 3mg.
I'm also wondering if it's possible to have two tanks (one nic and one zero nic) and switch them out on one battery, or if you need two batteries?
Yes, you can have 2 tanks and switch them out. You don't have to have 2 batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread