how to make flavourless e liquid -- please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
E-liquid without nicotine or flavoring is just PG and VG. You can buy VG at any grocery store. I'm not sure where you can buy PG in person quickly to have it ready by tomorrow.

I'm sure someone who knows more will come along with more info.

You can always search UK Forum to see if you can find a local B & M that might have some or that might be willing to mix you up a batch real quick.

Or, if all else fails, just use straight VG. I think you might need to mix just a few drops of water into it to make it thin enough though. I've never tried straight VG myself.

Sorry I'm not more help. I mainly just wanted to take the opportunity to say:

Welcome to ECF, beefman!

(Wow, 2 people have posted in the few minutes since I started this!)

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
The best E-liquid is made up of only: Propylene Glycol (PG) and/or Vegetable Glycerin (VG) liquids; nicotine; flavoring; and possibly distilled water to thin high VG mixtures. So, to make non-flavored, no nic, ejuice - just use pharmaceutical grade PG and/or VG.

It is important to ensure the liquids are high quality to avoid contaminants that are acceptable in topical usage or even in food, but are not so good for vaping. In the US I would verify that the liquids had a USP rating to ensure that they are a high quality/low contaminant product. There lots of ECF members who make their own juices on a reqular basis.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Actually, PG is thin enough you don't need to add water.

Lots of web sites sell eliquid components - see the ECF recommended suppliers.

I suspect your local chemist would carry this or could custom order for you.

You might want to look at the ECF UK forum and talk to some members near you for advice.

I just did a google search for vaping stores in London. There are several.

Last edited:

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
The best E-liquid is made up of only: Propylene Glycol (PG) and/or Vegetable Glycerin (VG) liquids; nicotine; flavoring; and possibly distilled water to thin high VG mixtures. So, to make non-flavored, no nic, ejuice - just use pharmaceutical grade PG and/or VG.

It is important to ensure the liquids are high quality to avoid contaminants that are acceptable in topical usage or even in food, but are not so good for vaping. In the US I would verify that the liquids had a USP rating to ensure that they are a high quality/low contaminant product. There lots of ECF members who make their own juices on a reqular basis.

I've mixed VG with a bit a distilled water (10 parts VG to 1 part water) and come up with something that has little taste, but produces enough vapor to 'show off'. VG should be available at a pharmacy. I find it in the 'first aid' section. That's probably the easiest to procure on short notice.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Yes , your local drugstore/chemist should have VG aka vegetable glycerine aka glycerine aka glycerol in stock. It is used often as a skin moisturizer/protectant and as an additive in making homemade creams and lotions. VG produces prodigious amounts of very thick vapor , this would definitely be preferable to PG ( propylene glycol ) for "showing off" as 100% PG as stated above does produce vapor,just not a whole lot.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
I just finished doing some research for you beefman, and I found that Boots drugstore carries glycerol. Here is a link Boots Value Health Glycerin B.P - 200ml - Boots. It is not USP as you are in England ,it is rated by the British Pharmacopoeia and used to soothe sore throats and for dry skin.It says in the description to be 100% glycerol but do read and maybe check with chemist if unsure that it has no other ingredients.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
You don't need to add that much H20 to VG for a good no-nicotine, unflavored e-liquid. This liquid is thick but will work with cartos and makes a lot of vapor. You need a graduated cylinder and a dropper to measure the ingredients.

6 ml of Glycerin USP (VG) plus seven drops of distilled water. Shake it up in a dropper bottle. Place the dropper bottle in a warm water bath for 15 minutes. Remove the bottle from the bath and give it another good shaking. The juice is ready for use. The air bubbles will disappear after a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread