Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Hi everyone, I just started building coils and having trouble measuring my ohms on a Kanger T3s using this Meter:

Ohm Reader Meter Resistance Tester for RBA RDA Atomizer Portable 510 | eBay

The threads don't match - even with the included adapter. The Kanger head does not have 510 threads; it is ego-threaded. Do I need a different adapter before I can use the meter?

The other trouble I am having is the accuracy of the meter. A pre-rated coil at 1.5 ohms is measuring 2.7 ohms. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
You would be far better off buying yourself a good digital multimeter ... Then you can also use it for checking AC / DC voltage, ohms, amps / milliamps, etc on anything around the house or on the car.

And far more accurate.

c'mon man.

he just needs an ego-510 adapter. and if the reading is way off, check if the atomizer is fully threaded into the ohm reader and making full connection.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
c'mon man.

he just needs an ego-510 adapter. and if the reading is way off, check if the atomizer is fully threaded into the ohm reader and making full connection.

:) Some of these adapters don't mention which side is male or female. I probably need a male to male. Going to check if Madvapes carries them. Any other source you are aware of? Thanks.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Let me put it this way, and I'll use Fluke as my example since they are arguably the industry leaders for DMMs. To read to 0.01Ω resolution, IHMO the bare minimum resolution if you dip below 1Ω, then the Fluke 287 or Fluke 289 are your cheapest options which would cost about $700 to $800 with a calibration certificate. Even calibrated, you'd still be taking readings at the extreme edge of the range where readings are more likely to be inaccurate with no guarantee that it would be reliable.

Meanwhile, you can buy one of those boxes from a reputable company like sunnyvapes at about one fiftieth the cost, read somewhere in the middle of of its range (where they are most accurate), read to a 0.01Ω resolution reliably with a +/-0.018 margin for error. Those little black boxes are build for only one purpose in a very narrow scope and they'll run circles around a Fluke that cost 50 times as much.

c'mon man.

Exactly.

EDIT: damned typos....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread