Status
Not open for further replies.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
I have been DIYing for a year now and although I don't post often I want to give kudos to the crew here.

My approach has been to start with 3ml samples and adjust as needed, then if I like it I move on to a 5ml sample and adjust as needed, then on to a 10ml bottle if I really like it, and finally a 20ml bottle if the mix rates at the oh yes - I gotta get me some more of that level.
If a mix makes it to the 10ml level it gets it's own tank with a printed label on the tank instead of a handwritten one.
I keep lots of notes on all the experiments.
I do test out new single flavors to understand the profile. Some single flavors are is still favorites.
And yes, the mixes I don't particularly care for do outnumber the rousing successes.
The mixed rejects bottles are sometimes very tasty - I have one each for citrus, fruits, creams, and chocolates.

Currently I have 18 tanks with a printed label and 5 with handwritten labels that I am playing with - I agree - way too many.
(I have found the inexpensive 2ml RGM2 glass tanks from fasttech to be perfect for my vape style and needs.)
Some of these will drop off the rotation and the tanks/labels replaced with new favorites as my taste preference changes - which I have found it definitely does.

I can't give enough thanks to all the folks here with their advice, comments, and recipes as well as the recipes from the various sites.

So if you if you are just starting out with DIY, success is guaranteed with patience.

Read and read and read some more.
Experiment and adjust and try it again and again.
Keep notes.
In a short time you will find the process that works for you.

Happy DIYing to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread