Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Since everyone here vapes, What are the pros and cons of buying clone and the legit ones ?

Pros: Less Expensive. In some cases, Significantly Less Expensive.
Cons: Some Clones can have Poor Quality and or Fit n' Finish. And a 1:1 Clone of a Poor Design is still a Poor Design.

I would be Very Hesitant to buy a Clone if I couldn't read some reviews on it First.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I find the more complicated a clone is the more likely it is to be crud. The best clones are generally simple RDAs where there is very little to mess up. Clones often use cheaper metal. Copper instead of gold plate. Brass instead of copper, steel instead of brass, and pot metal instead of steel.

Luckily clones often have their own reviews, so you can pick and choose between the ones that are worthwhile and the ones that are garbage. Sometimes even dangerous garbage. Very very occasionally the clone is better than the original. This has maybe happened a handful of times though.

Tan12

Nov 5, 2017
I find the more complicated a clone is the more likely it is to be crud. The best clones are generally simple RDAs where there is very little to mess up. Clones often use cheaper metal. Copper instead of gold plate. Brass instead of copper, steel instead of brass, and pot metal instead of steel.

Luckily clones often have their own reviews, so you can pick and choose between the ones that are worthwhile and the ones that are garbage. Sometimes even dangerous garbage. Very very occasionally the clone is better than the original. This has maybe happened a handful of times though.

Thank you for your opinion

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
And there are differences in comparisons. If you compare an inexpensive China made authentic to a china made clone, it may be different to an authentic high end swiss made authentic compared to its china made clone. There are good clones and bad clones

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread