Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The snow wolf is about as much of a clone in my opinion (minus the wolf head).

It is definitely not a 1:1 clone of the pulse, the button layout and screen orientation is different. The fire button is much different. The only thing that looks the same is the internal set up (just like the snow wolf) and the door shape. The bottle on the snow wolf is more of a vandy vape bottle clone though.
images (15).jpeg
20180929_200217.jpg

Last edited:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Note a clone, but still a Ripoff. To me they put an Original Pulse style button on the pulse 80w. The reason to me for the different button layout is because of the different board.

So I agree not a clone, but they took a very popular mod and didnt even try and style it different. Uninspired money grab that I will not be picking up.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
It does look like the Pulse mech squonker with a board installed. Blatent attempt at cashing n with this device.
Those plastic doors look like crap wonder if they break easy? They should have scrapped this and gone with a different shaped box that just screams to me they did not/do not care about it ??

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Clones to me. Not sure about their durability, but since the originals are reasonably priced, might as well get the REAL thing.
Unless it performs better than the pulse, which really isn't too overwhelming of a task as of now. The pulse definitely has some major downfalls in some of the units like leaking, and board heat and noise. All of the pulse 80w mods suffer from poor battery efficiency. I am not going to judge it by its looks, I would rather hear some real world feedback before making a decision.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Unless it performs better than the pulse, which really isn't too overwhelming of a task as of now. The pulse definitely has some major downfalls in some of the units like leaking, and board heat and noise. All of the pulse 80w mods suffer from poor battery efficiency. I am not going to judge it by its looks, I would rather hear some real world feedback before making a decision.
    Still not getting better battery life after the update?
    Finally did the update on mine, and now getting two+ bottles on 3 yr old HG2s, and no more board buzz.
    I'll probably pick up a couple of these when they fire sale them for $25.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Finally did the update on mine, and now getting two+ bottles on 3 yr old HG2s, and no more board buzz.

I get a tiny bit better life out of it, but I think that is conributed to adjusting the sleep timer and dimming the screen.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North

How do you get two bottles from a battery? I can barely get one bottle from either of mine, which are running the latest firmware.

I would ask: What is your RDA build, and what wattage are you vaping at?

I'm using a Recurve with a single Kanthal Clapton (26/32ga, 0.9 ohms) and a 3000mAh 5-post iJoy 20700 battery and vaping at 25 watts - and would like to go a bit higher but the battery life would be much worse.

Probably should just shut up and be happy that neither of my Pulse 80 mods buzz or leak...yet. :)

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    How do you get two bottles from a battery? I can barely get one bottle from either of mine, which are running the latest firmware.

I would ask: What is your RDA build, and what wattage are you vaping at?

I'm using a Recurve with a single Kanthal Clapton (26/32ga, 0.9 ohms) and a 3000mAh 5-post iJoy 20700 battery and vaping at 25 watts - and would like to go a bit higher but the battery life would be much worse.

Probably should just shut up and be happy that neither of my Pulse 80 mods buzz or leak...yet. :)
    simple round wire, 26ga SS, .55 ohms, in a O-addy X
    28 watts, have the sleep time at 10sec, and screen brightness set low
    Also take fairly short vapes, as the 26ga ramps up quick
    The last battery swap I only got about 1-1/2 bottles
    Not the greatest battery life, but has improved with the update.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    simple round wire, 26ga SS, .55 ohms, in a O-addy X
    28 watts, have the sleep time at 10sec, and screen brightness set low
    Also take fairly short vapes, as the 26ga ramps up quick
    The last battery swap I only got about 1-1/2 bottles
    Not the greatest battery life, but has improved with the update.

Thank you :)

I have tried a single strand wire coil made from 22ga Kanthal in my Recurve using my Pulse mechanical mod and it does increase battery life as expected.

The reason I got the Pulse 80 was to enable me to use Clapton or other multi-strand wire, understanding that the battery life might suffer a bit. I am going to try a SS Clapton and compare it to the Kanthal Clapton. With a faster ramp time the battery should last longer with SS, I hope...

• Agree
    Reactions: puffon

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Oh, and I also updated the firmware on both of my Pulse mods to Version 7, and turned down the screen brightness and set the sleep time to 2 minutes. Every bit helps I guess.

And sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread - to answer your question - no I don't think it's a clone. A TRUE clone is a counterfeit, manufactured to deliberately deceive the buyer into thinking it is an authentic item, with the exact (to the extent that it fools an untrained eye) dimensions and logos/badging. As the reviewer and others have stated, and I agree, this is just lazy design that borrows heavily from the Pulse.

If this were a watch, it might be called an "homage".

Reactions: puffon

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Nothing feels cheaper in the hand then both pulses. Even if this looks similar they can’t possibly make something worse.
    Well you're buying an ABS/Nylon cased mod, not sure what you expect? It's not going to feel like a 'solid' device, it's meant to be light. I have RDAs that make the Pulse feel top heavy.

That being said, I've dropped my Pulse several times on concrete, one time even damaging the positive terminal of my 20700, had to retire the battery. The mod doesn't even show any signs of being dropped and hasn't missed a beat.

They are designed to be inexpensive and in my opinion are more durable than more expensive mods. If I had dropped my Therion BF like I have the Pulse, it would likely either be broken, or look like crap. The Pulse is definitely my out and about device. Great beater mods.

• Agree
    Reactions: madstabber

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2018
    Well you're buying an ABS/Nylon cased mod, not sure what you expect? It's not going to feel like a 'solid' device, it's meant to be light. I have RDAs that make the Pulse feel top heavy.

That being said, I've dropped my Pulse several times on concrete, one time even damaging the positive terminal of my 20700, had to retire the battery. The mod doesn't even show any signs of being dropped and hasn't missed a beat.

They are designed to be inexpensive and in my opinion are more durable than more expensive mods. If I had dropped my Therion BF like I have the Pulse, it would likely either be broken, or look like crap. The Pulse is definitely my out and about device. Great beater mods.

The Hugo squeezer is better in every way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread