• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Humor the newbie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StirredStill

Jan 20, 2016
Canada
Okay, so more than likely -posting in the wrong spot.
Forgiveness is a wonderful thing [emoji57]

So,
I am 18days in sans cigarettes/nicotine!!!

I am trying to mix my own ejuices as I am finding -just not enough flavor for this sweet toothed chic.

Yes. I have been allll over youtube.
Yes. I googled.

All the ones I have found have people adding nicotine... I am no chemist and you would be lucky to get me in the kitchen over a stove; because I am not putting nicotine into my mix do I then just sub in more flavor??

My goal: each puff should be a hit of candied love... Screw the cloud chasing.

[emoji709]

Reactions: TrueNorthist

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
Another sweet tooth! Moi aussi mon ami.

Regarding the flavour drought, my taste buddies went dead for 4 very long months after I quit and even when they did drift back into existence it took several more months before I could taste certain things. I was heavy into TV Cough Drop for a while there... Also, sweet can be tricky to dial in and some experimenting might be needed if you are using kanthal. Each liquid will have a different ideal temperature profile, as well as what/how you vape. I am also a strong flavour fiend and typically use as much as 20% of certain notes, so until you get over the dead-zone you will likely need to do the same. Nic just adds a peppery note which does change the profile as well but not enough to really matter too much. PG/VG ratio can mellow things a lot so I would stick to 70/30 for now.

Could you list your set-up?

Reactions: StirredStill

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Not positive, but I think the Canadian sub forum isn't that busy anymore here. Most just hang out in the Main sub forums.

Maybe try again in the General or DIY eliquid section in the Main forums. With a differently worded title of the thread,so it doesn't get deleted due to being a duplicate.

Plenty to read also, when you get time.

TrueNorthist

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Cariboo Country, BC
    Ooops. I shoulda knowed. And sorry for any delays, I am already multi-tasking and multi-stumbling this morning.

I see neither device is variable volts/watts, which will narrow your options as far a flavour production goes. Sweetness is definitely something you will find needs an adjustable device unless you can match the atty to the device precisely. You might be able to strengthen your mix to compensate but it will be a lot of hit and miss I'm afraid. Again I am assuming you are looking for a candy-sweet type vape experience, yes? r77r7r (that's a lotta sevens!) is referring to this, which is a section all about DIY and indeed an excellent place to visit often.

If you are thinking about a switch to a new device I would suggest you look at temperature controlled. (TC) Go here to get an idea of what that entails. And as always, do not even hesitate to ask. Lots and lots of folks round here more than happy to help, me included. I am a bit rushed right now but I will respond, eventually.

edit: yes, the CDN forum has seen better days alrighty, but I still watch here in the hope it may rise from it's current temporary moribund state. We canooks shouldn't let this place suffer such a lonely demise.

Last edited:

StirredStill

Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    Many a thanks @TrueNorthist!

Yes, members here are unbelievably helpful! I think for now I must settle to find a mix that will work with what I have...I wish I had found this place sooner (before investing in these two vapes) another gentlemen here has been beyond helpful and had said the same thing you have -get a TC

In good time.

Also: what if I don't wanna be a canook?
    What if I wanna be a swan hmm???!

[emoji709]

Reactions: TrueNorthist

TrueNorthist

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Cariboo Country, BC
    You can be a swan, or a cheetah, or a duck and even a tug-boat if you wish. Up here on the barren tundra we can be whatever we wish as long as it makes us happy. Heck, I'm dressed like a turnip! And loving it.

Feel free to rattle my cage any time you need something. I'm usually not too far away, except when I am. Far away. Which happens now and then but I will deny everything in court!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread