• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.

APD99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Mar 11, 2011
    Bristol, PA
    Bristol got slammed and we had a tornado warning during the hurricane. If anybody hasn't had the experience of driving a preg wife, a 3 yr old, a puppy, & a kitten to a shelter and sleeping on a donated sleeping bag....yeah...sucks a lot.
    **edit**
    forgot to mention that there was NO tornado that ever showed up and there was also no power in Bristol untill 3pm Sunday, but the 4 surrounding towns never lost power at all.

APD99

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Mar 11, 2011
    Bristol, PA
    Oh yeah, we were able to go back in on Sunday. My dumb ... decided to leave in the first place because we have no "interior" rooms and no basement access, and the news kept saying that there was a tornado on the ground but they had no idea where it was except it was somewhere between Burlington, NJ and Levittown, PA...and the only thing between Burlington and Levittown is Bristol.

ec!gg

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.ecigg.org
    Oh yeah, we were able to go back in on Sunday. My dumb ... decided to leave in the first place because we have no "interior" rooms and no basement access, and the news kept saying that there was a tornado on the ground but they had no idea where it was except it was somewhere between Burlington, NJ and Levittown, PA...and the only thing between Burlington and Levittown is Bristol.

Rather be safe than sorry. I do not think the news or anyone knew what was going on. Well at least you are back home now.

There are still many buildings without electric.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread