HV atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibi5205

Jun 19, 2009
I've seen HV atomizers (6V+) on MyVaporStore recently. Does anybody have any experience with these? I'm specifically interested in the 901s.

I'm planning to make a multi-voltage DC passthru, using a multi-voltage power supply that will give me voltages from 4.5 to 7.5.

Do these advertised HV atomizers really give better performance and longevity at 6V+? Or am I better off sticking with standard atomizers at 3.7-5V, and forget about 6V+?

Many thanks....

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Anything above 6v you will need these otherwise you will pop your regular ones read up on ohms and voltage as well, matching the correct ohms with the proper power will give you a much better vape, if you do some research you will find there are different ohm HV Atty's just like there are different ohms on regular Atty's and matching it all up properly will give you the sweet spot with your vaping.!!!!!

ibi5205

Jun 19, 2009
Well, I'm going to put together a simple passthru, based on the NicoStick construction, but using a DC power jack instead of a rechargeable battery. I'm going to power it with a multi-voltage supply, which will give me from 4.5 to 7V, and everything in between (5, 6, and 6.5).

I want to experiment with the "HV" 901 atomizers I saw on MyVaporeStore, but wanted to confirm that these really do hold up with increased voltages, and were not just some kind of gimmicky BS.

So, I take it that these "HV" 901 atomizers really will hold up better under 6V+ than the standards?

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
ibi, my favorite vape is 6 volts through a 5.2 ohm HV 901 atty. Best flavor and vapor I've found yet. I've tried Those attys at 7.4 V and the juice tasted burnt. Ikenvape sells a XHV 901 atty for voltages over 6. They're the same ohm rating but Issak at Ikenvape claims they run cooler at the higher voltages. Here's a link http://ikenvape192.corecommerce.com/Atomizers/XHV-SLB-901-5-2-Atomizer-p59.html

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Mist is correct but I would buy some different ohm Attys at HV and not just the 901, get some 510/801 as well with different Ohms since you will be running all different power sources, Imeo has some very good ones at vaporkings as well that are excellent at 7.2-7.4 and Eastmall has some 510's that are good too as well as there newest 801 thats an LR for your lower power settings. I must have a hundred different ones lying around at least and use a bunch of different settings and Attys, it's also a good idea to look up the Ohm calc chart so you can match the right stuff up when your trying different stuff it works well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread