I am almost hesitant to make this claim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
But I have found my personal Holy Grail of personal vaporizing.
The part I am hesitant about is the idea that it would be right for everyone.
I pretty much know it won't be, for various reasons customized to your own personal needs.

So, what is this Holy Grail, if you care?

1) Any model of 510 with a manual battery
2) A Joye 306a model with an exposed atomizer

What is the big deal?

a) The atomizers are interchangeable
b) The batteries are interchangeable
c) The chargers are interchangeable
d) The PCCs will work for both
e) You have the option of a manual battery or an automatic battery
f) You have the option of a large, exposed atomizer
g) You can drip if you want to
i) You can dip if you want to
j) You can use decent sized cartidges if you want to

The bottom line is that you can tailor your vaping experience any way you want.
At any time, for any reason.

The only drawback I can see is that your batteries are going to cost more than one of the battery mods.
And if you want to be buried in a huge cloud of vapor, you should probably use one of those mods instead.

So then, okay, what are the benefits?

Wow, not sure where to start, but mixing and matching will give you so many combinations of outcomes that it is hard to explain them all, but I will give it a shot anyway....

306A atomizer and 306A battery
1) Just about the smallest (89mm) and lightest unit you can hope for
2) Pretty good vapor but limited throat hit
3) Very frequent refilling due to small cartridge size
4) Light enough and small enough to actually hold like a cigarette
5) Works extremely well for an automatic battery with limited hassle
6) Good flavor due to limits on atomizer heating with respect to battery cutoff
7) Hard to top off due to recessed cartridges
8) Good for dripping or dipping with the exposed atomizer

306A atomizer and 510 manual battery
1) Good vapor and good throat hit
2) Still very small in size, relatively speaking
3) Excellent for dripping or dipping with the sealed batteries and exposed atomizer
4) Full control of your vaping experience with the manual batteries
5) Hard to top off due to recessed cartridges if using cartridges

510 atomizer and 510 manual battery
1) Very good vapor and throat hit
2) Decent for dripping with the sealed batteries but smaller atomizer bridge
3) Full control of your vaping experience with the manual batteries
4) Decent sized cartridges should you wish to use cartridges
5) Easy to top off due to cartridge filler being even with the top of the cartridge

Yeah, I'm freaking stoked right now.
I have been trying all the variations today and just enjoying the hell out of it.

I have settled on the 510 manual battery with the 306a atomizer for dripping or dipping.
It is working for me like a $200 discount in a high class Vegas whorehouse.

But I can see where I will use any of the possible combinations for different reasons and occasions.
You mileage may vary, but probably won't vary that much.

The only thing that can beat this combination in my opinion is a mod for battery life or clouds of vapor.
And the PCC almost eliminates the battery life as an issue I would have to think.

Circuit

May 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Funny you mention that - I did horribly exhaustive research before buying my 510, and settled on it for the very reasons you list above. The 510/306 combo is pretty slick, and you get the best of both manual and automatic worlds. The exposed wick on the 306 for dripping, with a manual 510 battery so you don't flood the automatic.

I just went with the 510 to start, but I'll add on the 306 soon.

Glad to know someone else saw it the way I did!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I so wish you were my neighbor so you could help me learn this stuff :p.... that does sound to be the best of the best, my kinda thing... assuming I actually understood how to do it all of it ....it's good though :thumb:
San Diego is a beautiful city, and a wonderful place to be.
And the real estate prices seem to be dropping more and more by the day.

Just sayin...
:)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
r u sayin you like the 306 atom better than the 510 atom?

the 510 manual batteries are sealed so I've read they are fine to drip with.

I'm not sure whats better about the 306? the size?

Go Padres
Go Chargers
Go to the Beach
Go Surfing
Actually, yes, I am saying that.
I do like the 306a atomizer better than the 510 atomizer.

Although I myself find it somewhat unbelieveable.

The 510 is fine to drip with I suppose.
But you can't get 15 puffs off it like you can with a 306a atomizer.
And yes, it is the size of the atomizer bridge that is making the difference.

But on the other hand, you can use the 306a battery as well.
And then you have a tiny little electronic cigarette that the chicks will think is really cute.

Except there is one strange thing about this configuration, it actually works quite well.
Who saw THAT coming?

I am in vaping Nirvana now, and nothing can touch me.

openthewell

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Chico, CA
I am in vaping Nirvana now, and nothing can touch me.

:: poke :: What are you gonna do about it punk?! :p

Seriously though, I'm glad that you found what works best for you. I plan on making a 510 my next purchase, don't think I'll get the 306 parts, but I do like the exposed atty's like on my 401.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The only thing that can beat this combination in my opinion is a mod for battery life or clouds of vapor.
And the PCC almost eliminates the battery life as an issue I would have to think.

Great review! On that last statement, I popped for a Janty Stick and I very pleased. I note how many of the vets here 'hold back' on more pressing recommendations for mods and for good reasons, I think. Most people starting out want something like a cigarette in looks and in taste, but experiencing the JS has been a dream with the battery and the vapor. I can hop on the mower to mow the grass and still see the vapor with the JS and that's not as easy even with the 510. The fact that the charging cord doubles as a passthru is another big plus and it's longer than the passthru's. The 510 is still the 'workhorse' around here and will be but the JS is a fine addition.

I'll check out the 306a - thanks.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What sort of battery life (chain vaping) do you get for the small 306A battery and atomiser? What length is the whole ecig when you use the 510 battery and what chain vaping battery life do you get? What sort of charging times are we talking?
Sorry, I'm not sure I can answer all these questions.
I have only had this setup since yesterday.

As for battery life on the 306A battery I have only really used it for a total of 30 minutes the first day.
The 306A itself is only 89mm and with the 510 battery instead it is 3/8 inch longer.
The charging times for both battery types is relatively quick but they don't last long either.

That is why a PCC would be a must for most people using this setup.

And I have never chain-vaped, I only vape when I go outside on breaks.
So I am not a good person to ask about battery life since just about any battery lasts me all day.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
Sorry, I'm not sure I can answer all these questions.
I have only had this setup since yesterday.

As for battery life on the 306A battery I have only really used it for a total of 30 minutes the first day.
The 306A itself is only 89mm and with the 510 battery instead it is 3/8 inch longer.
The charging times for both battery types is relatively quick but they don't last long either.

That is why a PCC would be a must for most people using this setup.

And I have never chain-vaped, I only vape when I go outside on breaks.
So I am not a good person to ask about battery life since just about any battery lasts me all day.

Thanks Deadcat2.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
That is pretty much the rig I have settled on too although if I plan to use auto-bats I just use my old reliable 401s for the extended life. To me exposed atomizers with dipping give you the best flavor and ease of use and I have grown to like the manual battery now that the 510 atomizers are on the shelf. I wish there was better battery life (I can lap a PCC with 510 batteries if I am sitting in the bar or watching a tense ball game although it works fine for being out running errands). I guess what I can say with confidence is that I now know exactly what I want out of an e-cig. Long battery life (at least 401 cap), exposed atomizer, and a manual button with a PCC. That would be a dippers paradise IMO. In that vein has anyone used any of the big battery and/or high voltage mod styles with an exposed atomizer fo dipping? Does the high voltage burn to much for sustained dipping? What is the best exposed atty for high voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread