I can't be the only one who has thought of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastictree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Southern Maryland
Now when I started vaping, the carto tank boom already happened. And to my knowledge the carto tank came out, and then all of a sudden there were carto tanks everywhere, all kinds and shapes and colors, cheap and very expensive. But they all vaped the same, and used something from another company, a cartomizer.

Vivi Novas and Kanger T3s/Protanks/Evods have been tried and true, t3's had a hicup but so did boge. And there really isn't a big selection if you are an aesthetic person, or someone who wants to be unique. You have colors, and evod vs t3, or vivi nova vs the window one.

Why hasn't an american vendor or european modder made a tank, that is different, that uses vivi heads or kanger heads? Is it really that hard? I love the protank, and my vivi nova, but I also think they look stupid and generic.

I have a provari coming and im getting too cheap for cartos, so my protank is going to be the provaris buddy, but I still think it looks wonky, and it's not unique.

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Yup agreed...wish the Protank was similar to the Vivi in build design i.e. ability to use your own drip tip rather than having a huge chrome tip that doesn't really fit with the satin silver eVic. But in the end, we're going to be stuck with generic looking clearos because they are mass-produced and obviously they do the easiest design possible. I'm sure if you could find a custom glass blower local they'd be willing to help you out. All it would take is having a tank blown and fitting it with the threading for the Nova or Protank parts. It would still take a bit of work since you'd have to figure out a way to get 2 different styles to seal if you went with the Kanger base and Nova top (to allow different drip tips). Sorry if this is a bit rambly.

plastictree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Southern Maryland
Maybe you guys don't understand. I'm wondering why people haven't made a tank for the heads of a vivi or kanger. There are so many American made carto tanks, with a little bit of design and engineering it would be kinda easy to make a production of tanks for these heads

I mean there's j tanks and ibtanked and Greek tanks and big daddy/lil mama. All these cargo tanks aren't crazy massed produces Chinese tanks. I would pay 40 dollars for an American stainless steel custom tank from a vendor that uses kanger heads

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Pretty good question, now I'm wondering too.

From what I've seen, America's big on making mods or anything that holds a battery. As far as "disposable" parts go, I haven't come across a single American manufacturer for them. I guess they're leaving that to Greece lol.

I mean it'll come. Check out the Billet Box if you haven't. It's a carto tank mod (kinda dated), but the guy making them already is planning a rebuildable option, something other than a carto, that he'll machine himself in his own shop. It's supposed to drop right into the mod that he built from scratch, kind of like the Killer or the Diver.

I guess that's a first, right?

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
I would pay 40 dollars for an American stainless steel custom tank from a vendor that uses kanger heads

As soon as you did, the Chinese would clone it and sell it for $12. America can't compete, so there's no incentive to attempt to mass produce. Look at the AC9, made in America, sold for $139. Enter the RSST for $30. There are many examples of this.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Maybe you guys don't understand. I'm wondering why people haven't made a tank for the heads of a vivi or kanger. There are so many American made carto tanks, with a little bit of design and engineering it would be kinda easy to make a production of tanks for these heads

I mean there's j tanks and ibtanked and Greek tanks and big daddy/lil mama. All these cargo tanks aren't crazy massed produces Chinese tanks. I would pay 40 dollars for an American stainless steel custom tank from a vendor that uses kanger heads

Its not that simple. Once a design is created, the actual manufacturing has to be done......and there has to be enough demand and profit to make it worthwhile. $40 isn't a lot of money for something "custom", and with the advent of RBAs not sure enough vapers are gonna want to spring for a unique tank-over that is essentially, just "housing" a vivi nova.

Have you been to the "Show me" topic? Users can customize their own stuff now, and there are some truly remarkable pretty things in those topics. Here's one for instance:

Look at post #2247......just for examples. that topic is 57 pages, you will see some amazing stuff in there:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-us-your-girly-pretty-decorated-pink-57.html

plastictree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Southern Maryland
Think if you had a long 510 extension with a vivi head on top, with orings in the right spot and the rest is the same idea as a carto tank.

I'm just thinking on the enthusiast end of things, I love rbas but you cant use them in a car or out anywhere. But I'll take a 200 dollar setup out still that's no big deal

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
For an American to make a tank for vivi heads, they would need to machine the metal part to spec, lots of work at first for a product in the replaceable niche, mostly aimed at people who don't want to spend too much. They might as well machine a higher end rebuildable out of SS and put a bigger price tag on it for those who spend more on their gear.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
err have you thought of this factoid?

the tanks themselves really dont need to be reworked

we already have options for the vivi nova...you can replace the tube with a colored one, you can get a metal one if you wish, i dont see how hard it would be or really all that expensive to simply make some cooler tanks that fit into the end caps

and while we are at it, why dont they make diferent colored end caps anyway?

plastictree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Southern Maryland
The one thing I didn't like about the vivi nova, was you couldn't have a glass tank, and I'm not a fan of the ridged grips, and the angled top cap. If they had one with a glass tank fitted with oring and a flat top cap I wouldn't be making this thread.

I don't even have my vivi anymore, I just use carto tanks manly for the aesthetics but I like the vape from my protank over my carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread