I DID IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Congrats! I used to make bug spray (for the garden) with a tea made from chewing tobacco, some listerine and a bit of soap (got the idea from a book) It worked great and was cheap! Yes, e-liquid would also work. I actually have this little bottle of juice that tastes absolutely nasty (like cheap laundry detergent) I'm going to try it just for kicks.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
From a former rez smoke purchaser, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The only answer I can think of to that question goes "Because I don't like bugs in my lungs," but even typing it seems a bit ludicrous.

It would be SWEET if the anti vaping crowd all got bugs in their lungs, however. That would show them.

Anna

Freebs

Jul 19, 2019
Middle Tennessee
6 months or so ago, i quit smoking.
switching to vaping wasn't hard
so i haven't paid attention to dates.
but today i took my 7 packs of cigarettes out of the freezer
n dumped them in a couple gallons of water.
locusts are hurting my garden n i needed bug killer.
i have 2 cats protecting my figs from rodents so i can't use most
insecticides.

there is now no tobacco in my home.
don't ask me why i spent all those years inhaling insecticide.
Congratulations!

Evesevere

Dec 5, 2017
I know a lot of people that used to keep their cartons of cigarettes in the freezer.
I’ve been vaping for 4 1/2 years and I started doing it to just cut down on smoking. I then became a hard-core Crazy Vape freak ( I still am LOL) but I had cut down to about 2 to 4 cigarettes a day and after a year I would still have maybe a cigarette but never finish it and then be grossed out by the taste.
I still always had to have a pack for back up even if I didn’t smoke them.
So I rolled like that for a couple years and then finally a year ago I had a pack and almost every person I knew was bombing them from me so I ended up giving almost the whole pack away and I have one cigarette left and I have not had a cigarette in over a year. So I have an old cigarette in a pack in my room which I will never smoke.

I always felt that if I said I would quit I wouldn’t so I just started vaping to cut down. It worked perfectly and while it took longer than I thought I did cut down and then finally quit.

So congratulations to you for quitting!!! It is a huge step even as a vaper it is still a huge step. Congrats congrats congrats

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Congratulations susieqz. I know you'll continue to enjoy the miracle of being free from cigarettes. I'm looking forward to my 7th vapaversary in November of this year. I still have the four packs of cigs I kept after I smoked my last one. I see them now and then when I open the cabinet, and they just make me smile. I think, "oh hi, I remember you but I don't miss you".

Love your gardening stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread