I dipped my toe in the ecig waters over a year ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

catbird

Aug 5, 2012
CA
with a Volcano cigalike that gave me no satisfaction. Today I'm wading in with a a kit from myvaporstore. After a couple of weeks of researching websites (like this one), checking online stores, watching hours of youtube videos- I ordered:
Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 650mAh Battery - Pink Pearl
Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh - Chrome
Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0 - Smoke Black
Mini Kanger Protank - II - Clear (Mini)
Atomizer Head for Vision Ego Clearo V2 - 2.4Ω/ohm2
Atomizer Head for Kanger Protank/EVOD - 2.4Ω/ohm 2

And 6 different juices from Mt.BakerVapor.
This is stressing me. For one, I couldn't really afford it. I had to put it on the credit card (during Christmas shopping time no less). I'm also worried about upkeep costs. This probably won't save me money since I do RYO for $30/month. For another even with all the research I'm not sure I bought the right one for me, but that's why I went with different brands/sizes. And lastly I don't have a strong desire to quit smoking this time.
That last one might help though since there will be no pressure and even cutting back on analogs would be a win.
Wish me luck- and if I wasted money or bought the "wrong" setup- please don't tell me NOW. :)

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
Sounds to me like you did fine, catbird. I like my twist, and have several other eGo type batteries. (I think those pink pearl ones are really pretty, too!) I quit on a 650 eGo battery, after finding that the cigalikes weren't enough - first puff on the eGo and I knew I could do it with that! Even if you don't quit, you'll probably cut down considerably. You didn't waste your money! Good luck!! Post progress reports!!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi Catbird and welcome to ECF. You picked well for your new start into vaping. I use 4 of the Vision Spinners 1300mah and an MVP2. The mini protank 2 is a great little topper. You do not have to worry about using a tank cracking juice with that tank. Depending on how much you are going to use your pv, you may want to purchase some more heads. If you plan on rebuilding what you have you may be ok. There are lots of youtube videos on how to do all this and many many posts here about all your equipment. Sounds like you made a good investment in your future.

catbird

Aug 5, 2012
CA
Thank you ShariR. My kit arrive yesterday, still waiting for the joose. I'll be checking the mailbox tonight.
I wasn't sure how many extra heads to get since some say they last a few days, others say a few weeks. I understand it depends not only on the amount of vaping but also the type of juice used. Is there a good (and cheap) online juice store that also sells the heads I need? I'm also thinking I should have gotten a drip atomizer to test the juices but which one do you recommend that would work with my setup?
And the dumbest question- I just have to charge the batteries, screw on the tank (not too tightly) and then fill the eliquid into the ring area not the center hole, and then I can vape, right? Sorry I just want to double check that since my kit didn't come with instructions and it will be my first time using a non-cigalike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread