I found a vape shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
that might not sound big news to you guys but when you live in Thailand it sure is . It’s a secret underground vape shop in khon kaen city where I live , I’ve tried to find it on my own and failed so this time I took my wife so she could understand the info better, anyway eventually we found it , no shop signs just a door amid streets and alleyways in a part of the city we didn’t know existed. But worth it ,what I want to do is gradually stop having hardware shipped from uk and become self reliant, if he could speak English it would be better but my Thais not bad and it seems in vaping some words are international , like overload lol

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
Yeah, checked it out and spoke with the owner , I speak Thai enough to us to understand each other the juice was international stuff like vgod and his products he said were Chinese ,like voopoo drag x was 1000 baht which is 32 dollars, how does that compare to US prices . I’ve been buying juice in Thailand for 3 months now since my uk source was stopped and it’s all good , just there is no middle ground it’s either 3 mg or 25 to 50 nothing in between.its the atomisers i,m concerned about

Reactions: Opinionated

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Cigarettes yes and very cheap £2 a pack but cigars you have to search for and expensive I’ve been here a long time and used to drive to the loas border spend about £300 on cigars and smuggle them into Thailand ,that’s another great reason for me vaping ,it’s so much cheaper and I don’t have to worry about finding cigars . But Thai,s have to be rich to vape at £2 a pack for cigarettes. Crazy yeah

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Find DIY products for your e-liquid, and make your own Juice. That way it will never be "out of stock".
    AND ..... it will be so much cheaper.
    I,d love to and it was the my first thought when my favourite liquid became unavailable.but it’s the flavouring that’s the problem,I cannot buy ready made flavourings in Thailand and I have very specific tastes , I liked Dutch cigar not Cuban so even if I could by off the shelve, it’s always Cuban advertised , and I’ve read all stuff on here about making your own , I d finish up spending more money and still never achieve what I want . So nice thought but not that simple

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Mai pen rai means never mind , it’s a Thai saying , they say it all the time , every time something goes wrong or they can’t afford something or the builder doing your house puts your door on upside down they won’t change it or sort it out , it’s Mai pen rai , never mind lol

I plugged "Mai pen rai" into Google translate just for the heck of it (ya, I do that sometimes :rolleyes: ) and got "You will never penetrate". Checked the language Google thought my input was and it's "Italian detected". Changing the input language to Thai did not give me an English translation.

Which just goes to show, you never know what you'll learn from Google ... except that it doesn't do well with slang, if that is what Mai pen rai is :)

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    It’s not slang , but it doesn’t translate to its literal meaning, my daughter who lives in England has a masters degree in machine translation and speaks several languages says Google’s not good , I’m on some hobby groups on Facebook in Thailand and the reply’s have a translate option , they never make sense lol and when I reply they can’t understand English either so that’s not translating either, ha

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    It’s not slang , but it doesn’t translate to its literal meaning, my daughter who lives in England has a masters degree in machine translation and speaks several languages says Google’s not good , I’m on some hobby
    I don't understand that!!

Been doing DIY for a long time now, and my average is still $0.06 usd/ ml of juice.
    Big difference between $0.60 for a bottle and $6.00 - $10.00 for one.
    I meant to make the flavour , I like cigar flavour so Iv been told to buy packets of cigars break them up and soak them , well cigars are expensive in Thailand , about £ 20 for 10 , how many would I need?.? , then it might not work first time

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread