I got the Plume Veil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works pretty damn good. But the middle piece of the atomizer with all the airholes is too big for the deck. It just falls thru. I burned my fingers on the dual coils. Haha. I don't know what's wrong with it. I even put on all the extra o rings it came with. Its a little better but still. And my juices aren't tasting very good because they gotta steep.

unlvjeffro

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
lv
You could try putting some floss around where the O-rings go then putting the O-rings on, it'll beef them out a bit.

Other than that, I didn't really care for the plumeveil... Just didn't hold enough juice for me. 2 hits and having to re-drip sucked >.> I'm loving the Mutation X V2 tho.

I love the plume veil except for that very disheartening characteristic of having to drip every other hit. A dual coiled plume drinks juice and doesn't hold enough, by a long margin.Gotta find another atty that gives similar flavor and clouds, but holds a lot more juice.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
You could try putting some floss around where the O-rings go then putting the O-rings on, it'll beef them out a bit.

Other than that, I didn't really care for the plumeveil... Just didn't hold enough juice for me. 2 hits and having to re-drip sucked >.> I'm loving the Mutation X V2 tho.

I love the plume veil except for that very disheartening characteristic of having to drip every other hit. A dual coiled plume drinks juice and doesn't hold enough, by a long margin.Gotta find another atty that gives similar flavor and clouds, but holds a lot more juice.

Exact same thing here. It's a great atty save the shallow juice well that caused me to over drip all the time resulting in leakage.

I got the MuteX v1 and then the v2 (posi t-post, angled afc tabs and single coil setup if one so chooses). Performs as well, if not better than the Plume but holds way more juice.

Just found another RDA that I love - the Hobo. Another well performer with a deep juice well. More of a flavor atty with its compact chamber but still produces good clouds when fully opened. Bought a clone first to see if I liked it and am currently waiting on the authentic to be delivered hopefully, this Saturday.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
I too recently picked up a Plume Veil V2. The lower holes are a pain.... it's tough to love because of this but also tough to hate cause of the pretty decent performance. What is the closest performer in flavor. Veritas?? Other??

Veritas or Magma would be good choices for flavor. I have the Magma, and it's one I keep going back to simply because of it's ease of use and magnificent flavor. It also holds quite a bit too, which is nice. Just wish it had more open airflow :( lol

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
That's weird that the barrel is too big to fit right on the deck. I think mine is a little bit loose but it definitely doesn't slide around without pressure. I like my Plume Veil except I think since the barrel on mine is a little bit loose it's leaking juice out and down into my 510 connection so I've just been using my Tobh 2.5. I seem to like the airflow more on that RDA.

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Veritas or Magma would be good choices for flavor. I have the Magma, and it's one I keep going back to simply because of it's ease of use and magnificent flavor. It also holds quite a bit too, which is nice. Just wish it had more open airflow :( lol
Drill out the airflow holes directly below the coils. They are 2mm, while the inlets are 2.5mm. I opened them up to 2.5mm, and there was a huge improvement in airflow.

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
You should try wicking it with different material / method. I can take 8 to 10 rips on mine without tasting burnt. .3 dual coil. Mine is a custom plume veil tho and I haven't had time to compare it to the production ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread