Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
I am a heavy smoker looking to replace analogs completely with vaping, but my current unit cannot keep up with me. I bought the vaporcig 2000 mini and it was a great preview of what vaping could be, but I find it lacking as a practicle replacement for an all day replacement. The batteries dont last, it only produces a good hit for the first 3 or 4 vaping sessions before it starts to get too light. you have to fiddle around with the cartridge to allow for a decent draw. and even when the battery is at a full charge, the hits are inconsistant. I have burned up my first atomizer after 4 days.

I am looking for somthing that will be a workhorse for me all day long. I take smoke breaks every 30 minutes for 5 or 6 minutes. I want a consistant thick hit everytime without a lot of fiddling around to get a good draw. I am almost always near a computer so A USB passthrough as my primary powersource is the best solution I can think of, but I also want the capability of taking it on the road for 4 or 5 hours without having to worry about being unable to vape.

I have narrowed down my choices, but am unclear which of these products will be the all around best fit for my needs. I am open to alternate suggestions, but below are the units i am considering. Any advice will be apreciated.

Janty Stick
Built in USB passthrough and extra battery cost is the most attractive thing to me about this unit. by the video reviews I have seen vapor production looks great, but It is hard to know how seriously to take those videos, but with all those features at the price it is, seems to be the cheapest solution for all of my needs

Kissbox
Seems to be a fairly high rated unit, and vapor looks good. startup cost is a little scary with this one tho.

Dura-C
Seems to be a favorite around here, is well tested and bugs seem to have been worked out. Startup cost doesnt look to bad, but still a bit much for me.

Price is a concern with me however I would rather get somthing that will fill my needs then pinch pennies. I have already wasted 130.00 on the vaporcig. I am not saying it is horrible. I dont have enough experiance to base my opinion on, but it is definitly not a sufficiant main vape for me.

thanks in advance.

-J_Data

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
If you are not worried about what it looks like, go with Screwdriver, or upcoming US made Prodigy from Puresmoker.

Screwdriver to US shipping, is about 165 dollars. Prodigy is little less. However, the parts that you'll be replacing in the future are very bountiful, and those standard sized batteries are dirt cheap and easy to find.. and they last long time. etc. One thing for sure is that they would last much longer than any of models above, with much more of consistency. Also consider LightVape from zi Moshi - one of the most well regarded personal mods out there, or perhaps you could make your own Magnum mode for fraction of $$$.

If money is that much issue for you - then I suggest import them from China. Even with shipping, their kits are very cheap and all.

Saving with e-cig, I find it's going to take a long time. I kinda wish I found out about those mods earlier. I already have 3 e-cigs and all, maybe 4-500 dollars invested in terms of equiments and all the juice in 1 month period. ;) I do hope my SD (which is on my way) will help me out in that department.

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
The prodigy looks pretty good to me, I am a little concerned about battery life, but I suppose that is easily remedied with extra charges and batteries. I am not really sure what advantage it would have over the janty stick, but ill definitly do some more comparing.

thanks for the advice!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
For $75 you can get a Lite Vaper.......you have to supply your own atty (you can get one to fit either a 901 or an 801) but the long version uses a 18650 battery. You get 2 batteries with the kit. and the 18650 battery would be perfect for the usage you describe.

Here is the link: Zi Moshi Home

take a look. If Ted doesn't have any up for sale, you can email him he will add you to the list to build for.

This will give the same performance as the Prodigy (minus sealed battery and adapters--no biggie IMO) buy you can get 2 of these for the price of a Prodigy or an SD.

I own an SD and it is awesome, but you said $$ were a concern so hence my mention of the LV........... The batts for the LV shouls easily last 12-18 hours (both together)

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
The prodigy looks pretty good to me, I am a little concerned about battery life, but I suppose that is easily remedied with extra charges and batteries. I am not really sure what advantage it would have over the janty stick, but ill definitly do some more comparing.

thanks for the advice!

Prodigy will most likely have best battery life of all commercial mods out there, especially the 901 3.7v model. I can't be too sure, but even with heavy vaping, you should be able to get at least 8+ hours, no problem. On the 6v 801 , you might get little less than that - but I guess it all depends on your vaping style. But one thing for sure is all of the mods I've mentioned, will last far more than your conventional e-cigs. If you want consistency away from USB pass-throughs... those Mods are your best bet. SD, Prodigy, and LV. (And of course, there's GG too.)

LightVaper is another good option. As far as I can tell, it performs exceptional according to the most reviewers. Same battery configuration is possible (I think) as prodigy. Technically, it should provide similar result. I honestly do think though LV looks the most "unfinished" with all that taping/heat tubing - it's taking the whole pipe bomb look to another level. ;) However, at the same token, if you are buying LV, prodigy v1, SD, and GG or Magnum... you must admit that the conventional cigarette look is something of the past. :)

Last edited:

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
Dura-C
Seems to be a favorite around here, is well tested and bugs seem to have been worked out. Startup cost doesnt look to bad, but still a bit much for me.

The Dura is also known as the Yeti, Titan and the 510. You can probably find a good deal if you search for it under the other names.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I own all three models you are considering as well as a Screwdriver which others have recommended. Out of the three you have presented I highly recomend the Janty Stick. Dollar for Dollar it beats a 510 and a Kissbox. Better battery life, consistent delivery of the needed voltage, cheap batteries and a built in passthrough. If you take the cost of the stick and apply it over the warranty period you would be paying less then $12 a month to own it.

I own the screwdriver and love it (I get the same vapor production from a Janty Stick that I get from my screwdriver) but for the price of one screwdriver you could buy two Janty Sticks. Or more appropriately a Janty Stick and enough carts juice & batteries to last six months.

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
Both the Prodigy and the SD look like good options for me. I have to admit that I would be a little nervous about using either at work. or in random public places. That is why the stick was so high on my list it appeared to give the same kind of power with a more sleek look. Am I wrong? it is using the 3.7 battery which I assume doesn't compare to the 6v Prodigy setup, but It has to be better than a standard e-cig battery which does fine for me in terms of hit as long as it is fully charged. In fact i believe it is the same as the Light hit 18650. Am I wrong?

Sorry for the noobie questions. and if worse comes to worse ill stifle my vanity to get something worth the money, but if there is a decent chance the stick would work as well for me, I think that would be my preference for that reason.

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
I own all three models you are considering as well as a Screwdriver which others have recommended. Out of the three you have presented I highly recomend the Janty Stick. Dollar for Dollar it beats a 510 and a Kissbox. Better battery life, consistent delivery of the needed voltage, cheap batteries and a built in passthrough. If you take the cost of the stick and apply it over the warranty period you would be paying less then $12 a month to own it.

I own the screwdriver and love it (I get the same vapor production from a Janty Stick that I get from my screwdriver) but for the price of one screwdriver you could buy two Janty Sticks. Or more appropriately a Janty Stick and enough carts juice & batteries to last six months.

I posted my last post before i refreshed and saw your reply. Thanks for the comparison it really helps!

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
The SD I know is a good option and I presume the prodigy will be one as well. You don't need 6v to deliver a good volume of vapor and a satisfying throat hit though. If you can spend the $150 - $170 for a Screwdriver or Prodigy and you can get over the fear of using it in public then you will not be disappointed. I've never had an issue using my Screwdriver in public.

If the price for a Screwdriver or Prodigy is too much and you prefer a more discreet form factor then I would think the Janty Stick is better for you. Again, I get the same volume of vapor from the Janty Stick as I do the Screwdriver.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
It's not the voltage - voltage is more for how hot your atomizer will get. 3.7 is a common for most atomizers. 801 "can" take 6v. It's the mah that tells you the total capacity / longevity. 18650 has the highest of all, which would last you a long long time, and will give you a consistency you look for.

If you do look for sleek one, and have access to a power-outlet for most of your days, then maybe conventional ones might not be bad. But their batteries, in the long run, will cost you more, unless you go for the pass through. Maybe, Kiss Stick might be good enough for your purpose as well. (which I hadn't noticed. LOL Sorry.)

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I think I have decided on the Janty stick it just has a appeals to me more overall.

I am now wondering if I should go with manual or automatic. how important is dripping with that unit? or will topping off be sufficient?

The manual switch is awesome and replaceable. If the automatic switch goes kaput then the stick is done. If the manual switch goes, Janty sends you a new switch and you replace it. According to Ludo it's an easy job that any end user can do. I'd say with the benefit of an easy repair if necessary, the ability to 'cook' the atomizer and a sealed compartment for easy dripping the manual looks the way to go.

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
The manual switch is awesome and replaceable. If the automatic switch goes kaput then the stick is done. If the manual switch goes, Janty sends you a new switch and you replace it. According to Ludo it's an easy job that any end user can do. I'd say with the benefit of an easy repair if necessary, the ability to 'cook' the atomizer and a sealed compartment for easy dripping the manual looks the way to go.

Thanks for all the help!

I assume if i want extra carts + atomizer I just order the ones for the kissbox right? I think ill also need to contact them about the wall charger for extra batteries as i dont see that listed on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread