Travel and Vaping I have to fly on Monday, concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdunn96

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have to take a flight Monday and I do not want to lose my unit and juice. I have the inferno, size of small cigar. Should I take it apart for the plane and put in my carry on or right in my luggage. I do not want them to take this thing away, I will go back to analogs and i do not want that. Can anyone help out here with info so i can fly with out incident.

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
Don't worry just follow the TSA rules put juice in clear plastic bag, no more that 3oz bottles, put batts in another and so forth and so. I went to Vegas in Sept and took everything in my carryon and they didn't blink an eye. Just don't try to vape on the plane, it's not allowed and gives us vapers a bad name if you break the rules.....Have a nice trip!:vapor:

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
I have flown many times with both E-cigs and Mods no one has ever batted an eye. Just pack enough in your carry on to get you through dont exceed your quanity of liquid allowed I usualy just throw in a 3ml bottle a cpl of batteries and a cpl of cartomizers in a case and put the rest in checked luggage. breaktru's link is an excellent source for further info.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I've only flown a few times since I started vaping, but it has not been a problem. I've got 2 KGO batteries, and I've put 1 battery and some supplies in my checked bag and the other battery and supplies in my carry-on. That way, if for some reason one of them was confiscated, I'd still have my backup. Nobody has ever batted an eye at any of it.

I stealth vape in the airport before getting on the plane. But do NOT vape on the plane. It could get you arrested and/or fined and your gear confiscated. I think it would be considered a breach of FAA rules, no different than smoking in the bathroom or refusing to turn your cell phone off.

Jammin J

Feb 26, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
I usually pack two ego batteries and my silver bullet in a small diabetic carry case and place that in the tray with my wallet/belt/phone. Only once did a TSA pull it to the side and asked me what it was. Once I explained what it was and opened it to show it did not have a battery in it, the TSA's only response was "Oh, I've never seen one like that. First time for everything. Have a good day." and off I went.

I carry my ego's without a atty/carto on them and my 18650's are in a hard plastic battery case so they can not create a connection on their own. Since it has been short business trips, I only carry (3) 10ml bottles of juice so that is not an issue. All paraphernalia is housed within my little diabetic case including juices. Out of four trips so far, I have had zero issues flying with my devices. Only the one time did a TSA even inquire as to what it was...

Be smart and honest, you should have no issues traveling with it.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread