I haven't had a smoke in 2 weeks! After 22 years of heavy smoking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyme2014

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Toronto, Canada
So I discovered, again , vaping, about 4 weeks ago.... cut down my smokies from about 30 a day down to about 3... and then two weeks ago , I decided to survive without any.... and I did....
But I am sucking day and night on my ecigs...probably because I got juices which are between 0 to 8 mg nicotine... very mild or none....
I found that contrary to what most people say, I spent over $500 on ecigs and juices in a month.... definitely more than my clove cigarettes which I used to smoke.... still missing them dearly, my Djarum Black.....
Anyone knows of any liquid similar to them?

Also buying ejuice has become an addiction, I have collected about 30 bottles, big and small, or more , already..... :(

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Welcome :)

0 to 8mg is a bit low (or should I say VERY LOW) for someone who smoked 22 years. I smoked for 24 and I had to get 24mg to forget about analogs. Heck, four years ago when I first started to vape, I needed 36mg in the morning to control the cravings. The second time I quit, I only needed 18mg and I've been on that for two months now. I hope I eventually cut it further down but still have cravings in the morning so 18mg it is.

About spending $500 bucks... well, that depends on what you bought. A good setup will set you back at $100 plus initial batteries and juices however there is the bling factor that will make us spend TONS of money in useless stuff (we call it backups and backup backup's but thats how we try justify the shopping addiction).

I don't know what your setup is now so I can't advise anything about it. About the juice... get something with more nic in it for time being. You'll have plenty of time to reduce it slowly over a year or two year period.

Good Luck

Regards
Tony

Happyme2014

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Welcome :)

0 to 8mg is a bit low (or should I say VERY LOW) for someone who smoked 22 years. I smoked for 24 and I had to get 24mg to forget about analogs. Heck, four years ago when I first started to vape, I needed 36mg in the morning to control the cravings. The second time I quit, I only needed 18mg and I've been on that for two months now. I hope I eventually cut it further down but still have cravings in the morning so 18mg it is.

About spending $500 bucks... well, that depends on what you bought. A good setup will set you back at $100 plus initial batteries and juices however there is the bling factor that will make us spend TONS of money in useless stuff (we call it backups and backup backup's but thats how we try justify the shopping addiction).

I don't know what your setup is now so I can't advise anything about it. About the juice... get something with more nic in it for time being. You'll have plenty of time to reduce it slowly over a year or two year period.

Good Luck

Regards
Tony

Thank you :). and I guess I have a lot to learn.... greediness and fear of failing again in my quit attempt is making me justify my credit card getting loaded under a good excuse....

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I discovered, again , vaping, about 4 weeks ago.... cut down my smokies from about 30 a day down to about 3... and then two weeks ago , I decided to survive without any.... and I did....
But I am sucking day and night on my ecigs...probably because I got juices which are between 0 to 8 mg nicotine... very mild or none....
I found that contrary to what most people say, I spent over $500 on ecigs and juices in a month.... definitely more than my clove cigarettes which I used to smoke.... still missing them dearly, my Djarum Black.....
Anyone knows of any liquid similar to them?

Also buying ejuice has become an addiction, I have collected about 30 bottles, big and small, or more , already..... :(

A common story;

Good to keep a special tank with high strength nicotine in it for an occassional pull, while using the low strength as the main.

You tastebuds are going to be changing, so, you might want to hold back on buying too much of any particular flavor/batch of eliquids; what tastes ok today might taste the opposite in the weeks and months ahead and vice versa

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Happyme2014. So glad you are here and congrats on giving vaping another chance. Sounds like it will be a lot different this time. Vaping is fantastic and it is the only thing that has ever helped me. Continued success to you and I look forward to reading just how well you are doing this time. With what you have spent on juice the last month, you could have made your own for probably the next 2 years. Awful good DIY threads on here if you ever want to look into it. Happy vaping to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread