classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
to clarify just a little...about the 10, that is if it is one infraction.
There are many people here that have had a bunch of points over the years and they are still here.
As mentioned, the points will fall away after a while.
You really have to do a lot to get banned from here, it's truly not the slam-dunk that some people have claimed.
Sarge's post here is really good too : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...surviving-first-contact-moderation-staff.html

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Just paste a picture of this next to your monitor as a reminder. :D

ban-hammer.jpg

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I'm curious about the 10-pointer that says:

"Attempting to mask your identity by accessing the forums through a proxy server, or misrepresenting your location."

I'm reading that as "you actually live in X but tell us you live in Y".

Or is the rule referring to something more sinister than that?

That would be like living in Canada, IP shows you coming from Canada, but you fill out your profile and state you live in the US. As for proxy servers, some ISPs use 'em and that's OK. It's the anonymous ones that tend to get Admins hot and bothered about. ;)

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
That would be like living in Canada, IP shows you coming from Canada, but you fill out your profile and state you live in the US. As for proxy servers, some ISPs use 'em and that's OK. It's the anonymous ones that tend to get Admins hot and bothered about. ;)

So if I live in, say, California... but I put down New York, that is 10 points???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread