I messed up downgrading nicotine level....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
:(

I find 24mg to be to strong and 12mg to be to weak. 18mg has always given me a perfect throat hit. As already said buy some 24mg and mix them. If you want you can get high strength unflavored nice from blue mist and cut it but you would lose some flavor.

Also try adding a few drops of 100 proof vodka. I've never tried it myself but have heard it will give you a much better throat hit without sacrificing flavor to much.

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Kristin, if it were me that needed to upgrade the nic level I would use the highest possible nic content allowable to get back to your 18mg. Using 24mg unflavored will severely dilute your flavorings. IF you are comfortable with it, get a hold of some 100mg unflavored nic and pull up one of those e-liquid calculators and plug in your target number. I would shoot for a 16mg nic target and see if the TH is sufficient before shooting for 18mg. You might just be fine with 16mg and there will be less flavor loss. Good luck.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Either 24 mg/ml or 18 mg/ml of the same flavor can be used, especially if you actually want to nudge the nic down. Equal parts of 18 and 12 will get you 15 mg/ml. Two parts 18 and 1 part 12 will get you 16 mg/ml. (In other words, take an empty bottle, fill it half way with 18, fill it the rest of the way with 12, and shake -- you now have 15 mg/ml).

100 mg/ml is the highest strength nicotine base used in do-it-yourself (DIY). While it's not like plutonium dust, if you aren't into DIY you are probably best sticking with just mixing the 12 mg/ml with some higher strength of the same flavor.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Not in the cart, use a small empty bottle, put the two liquids in it, shake, then use that bottle. You'll probably want 3 empty working bottles, one for each of the main flavors you mentioned. Ask whoever you buy the new eliquid from for a couple of them, they'll probably have them and do it for a pretty small cost (maybe complimentary).

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Sounds to me like you're best off cutting your juice with a teensy bit of alcohol...but trust me on this, vodka shouldn't be your first resource. I used some grape-flavored vodka, good stuff actually, to kick up the TH and lower the viscosity of some otherwise-good home brew juice a while back, and the results were tragically unvapeable.

A few drops of PGA in a 30ml should do the trick. PGA is flavorless in ways that even the cheapest vodka is not, so your likelihood of off-flavors contaminating your juice is significantly lowered. That, and it doesn't take much PGA to do the trick: quite literally, no more than three drops, max...and that's assuming you're working with a high-VG base liquid. I won't use more than two drops for anything above 70%PG.

Hope this helps! :)

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
It does take a few days for your throat and body and mind to adjust to the less nic level. If your objective was to to lower your nic level, like many here, you can try to get your throat hit back by using lower OHM cartos/attys or higher voltage batteries.

^^ this. For example, I've found that VB's "old" watermelon was best between 2.4-2.6 ohms. Anything higher and it was like puffing straight air, anything lower and it would scorch the flavors out. Juices are only a small part of the TH equation. Shake things up a bit, try different hardware. You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I am going to try and see if I can adjust to the lower nicotine level with my new battery I got, it's got more power to it and it just came today. The lower nicotine level actually isn't so awful with my new battery so there might be hope! I appreciate your suggestion in case I need to increase the TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread