I messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailablemage

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Medford Or
So yesterday was new coil day. At the moment I'm still getting used to my new RDA. I bought a plumeveil clone and if anybody else is ever used one you would know that there is a rubber insert inside the housing. Now I'm used to using a caterpillar RDA which is all metal and has a much taller cap. So I go about making my coil as usual, which is a dual macro coil at 2.8 ohms. And as usual I center and raise them slightly above the pins like I would have in my caterpillar RDA. Now this turned out to be a mistake because of said rubber insert. All day today I was wondering why I was getting such weak hits, and I was using new juice that I had never tried before so there was an odd aftertaste that I figured was just from the juice, but I was wrong. So tonight when I take the cap off to clean my coils and replace the cotton as I usually do, I find a small pile of black stuff on each coil. At first I thought it was juice build up, but it only had only been about 15 hours since my last cleaning. So I look inside the cap and see two large holes on each side of the insert. my coils at burnt into the inserts. So all day today I was vaping rubber fumes.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread