I need a better device - pleas help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Topola

Jul 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Let me describe briefly my experience with smoking/ vaping.

I was smoking regular cigarettes for around 4 years when I decide to quite and switch for e-cigarettes. I didn't like how most of them looks and it was strange for me to use them so I went for a cigarette like device - Joytech eroll. At first I was pleased with it but after few days the troubles started ( atomizers were burning liquid, the whole thing licked and it needed a constant charging ). Therefore I stooped using eroll and I got back to smoking but I managed to reduce the amount of smoking cigarettes to 2-3 per day anyway. Nevertheless it wasn't enough for me because I wonted to quite completely so I tried one more time. I managed to survive over a month but eventually after a few beers on a Friday night I got back to smoking. Almost all my friends smoke regular cigarettes and also at work many people still use them so quitting for me is really hard. Recently I decided to buy a new eroll c because I red that it is better than the old version. I was using it for almost 4 weeks despite many problems. Liquid have almost non taste and in tank I noticed it gets really dark quickly. Also often it had a burned taste and i right now it is almost impossible to use it because of that. Of course I change atomizer few times and I did as instructed when I was setting it up but that didn't resolve the problem. I am not satisfied with it and today i smoked a regular cigarette ( I almost puke at first so that is a confirmation how many .... is inside them). I need your advise regarding my next step. I would like to buy something that I would be able to use for a long time without any troubles. I can pay as much as needed but I would like to have something that is easy to use and that won't give me any troubles. I discovered Golden Greek devices and I wonder if they are a good fit for me. I red about them online and I watched a few clips on youtube but I value your opinion much more. I would be really grateful if you could explain me step by step what products form their website I have to buy and what I have to do when I receive a device to use it comfortable ( what spare parts i need etc). Also if they are other high quality products that you think would work for me pls share your opinion with me.

Thanks in advance for your time :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
What is it about the GG products that interests you? They are fine attys and mods, but you need to learn rebuilding, mech mod use and battery safety.

Nothing with vaping is 100% trouble free, unfortunately.

A good step up with less of a learning curve might be a Subtank Mini or Nautilus Mini for a tank. A mod to pair them with: istick 30W, Coolfire IV, MVP 3.0.

Its a good plan to have two setups so you still have something to vape while one is charging or if one needs troubleshooting.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Try an eGo One kit. They come in three sizes, Mini, regular and Mega. They have two coils available, 1 ohm and .5 ohm. The 1 ohm is good if you draw on it like a cigarette, that is, fill your mouth with vapor and then inhale. If you draw the vapor directly into your lungs, probably the .5 ohm will work better for you. I'd suggest you get some of each of the coils and try them both until you figure out which you like better. There's better gear available than this, but this isn't a bad kit to start on.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Forget the cig-alikes. I regularly read that they are not "enough". Not sure what exactly that means, but that is what I read.

I spent about $180 a month for three cartons. That was my budget to start.

The eGo Twist and Nautilus worked for me, too. When I was reading (constantly), I decided on a "better" mod for me. Then my eGo/Nautilus became my back-up.

Always have a back-up.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
i just got my nautilus yesterday and I have literally tried everything to get a good draw. and this is it!!! hundreds spent on set ups and I should have listened to everyones advice. spend the money to get a nautilus and an eGo style battery. don't waste your money like I did. I literally have every clearomizer you can buy. LOL

Reactions: David Wolf

josh w

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
michigan
Ego works great compared to cig alike.. A small box mod would also be a good start to learn on. I also agree to have two machines incase one pukes or needs charged. Try a few different setups to see what works best for you. You can get a decent setup fairly cheap and if it's not for you there will always be someone down the road just starting out you can cut them a deal on. Or be like me and add it to the collection.

Reactions: Mr.Topola

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
iStick 30 watt mod/battery and Nautilus Mini, 5 pack of replacement coils and you're good to go.
After a year of trying ce5+, egos, evods, kangertech EMOW dual coil, I am now using exactly what you recommend and it's where I will recommend everyone start from now on!

Bootiewootsy

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Port Orange, Florida, USA
I started with the ego battery and evod and never touched another smoke. I also have several other batteries and tanks, I recommend the istick 30 as a back up. I have never had a problem with it. Once I got over having to have one of every new thing, I find my everyday is the ego when I go out and istick when I am home. I also have a itasteclk battery1280 that I keep charged and carry with me for a back up... Hope you find something you like and congrats on getting off the stinkies..

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I agree with the folks who recommended the Nautilus Mini & the iStick. Given that you need a backup, and you've got some flexibility in your budget you might want to consider the full Aspire kit -- it includes the a battery and extra coils -- as well as the iStick. Oh, and the tanks are glass, so maybe throw in a replacement tank for $5 or so. It sounds like you don't smoke much right now, so I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the Subox might be a bit much. The also eat a lot more juice, although it didn't sound as if the cost of juice is your first consideration at the moment.

Getting juice you like is important. If you're only smoking a few cigarettes a day, your taste buds may still be functioning, unlike some of use who smoke 1-2 packs a day for 20-30-40 years. You may well be able to taste the flavor of whatever juice you chose right away -- so just pick something that sounds appealing. A relatively safe bet to include in your first juices might be peppermint. While probably no one's dream flavor, it's a flavor that most people can taste right away, regardless of setup, and it's at least not unpleasant.

Deap

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Everyone else nailed it with the natulis or manger subtank (what I personally use on the go), but for mods, I'd recommend the eLeaf if you don't want to buy batteries 18650's. If you don't mind buying batteries then I'd recommend the Sigelei 30W Mini, its small plus you can recharge the 18650 in it with a mini USB cable.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi Everyone,

Let me describe briefly my experience with smoking/ vaping.

I was smoking regular cigarettes for around 4 years when I decide to quite and switch for e-cigarettes. I didn't like how most of them looks and it was strange for me to use them so I went for a cigarette like device - Joytech eroll. At first I was pleased with it but after few days the troubles started ( atomizers were burning liquid, the whole thing licked and it needed a constant charging ). Therefore I stooped using eroll and I got back to smoking but I managed to reduce the amount of smoking cigarettes to 2-3 per day anyway. Nevertheless it wasn't enough for me because I wonted to quite completely so I tried one more time. I managed to survive over a month but eventually after a few beers on a Friday night I got back to smoking. Almost all my friends smoke regular cigarettes and also at work many people still use them so quitting for me is really hard. Recently I decided to buy a new eroll c because I red that it is better than the old version. I was using it for almost 4 weeks despite many problems. Liquid have almost non taste and in tank I noticed it gets really dark quickly. Also often it had a burned taste and i right now it is almost impossible to use it because of that. Of course I change atomizer few times and I did as instructed when I was setting it up but that didn't resolve the problem. I am not satisfied with it and today i smoked a regular cigarette ( I almost puke at first so that is a confirmation how many .... is inside them). I need your advise regarding my next step. I would like to buy something that I would be able to use for a long time without any troubles. I can pay as much as needed but I would like to have something that is easy to use and that won't give me any troubles. I discovered Golden Greek devices and I wonder if they are a good fit for me. I red about them online and I watched a few clips on youtube but I value your opinion much more. I would be really grateful if you could explain me step by step what products form their website I have to buy and what I have to do when I receive a device to use it comfortable ( what spare parts i need etc). Also if they are other high quality products that you think would work for me pls share your opinion with me.

Thanks in advance for your time :)

Those cigalike sized batteries are usually around 650 mAh capacity.

The next step upgrade from that would be an ego sized battery about 1000 mAh; they are like cigar sized; usually 14mm diameter.

The next step upgrade would be a 22mm diameter mod holding 18650 sized batteries 2000 mAh capacity.
Or you get box type like the istick or mvp3 or ipv.

After that the next step up would

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
I had basically the same start up story. Started using cigalikes (blu and V2) but still smoked in between and never quite quit completely. Then for my birthday i got an MVP 2/Iclear 30 kit which worked a hell of a lot better, showed me vaping was a viable alternative for me and got me started on actually quitting but I still would end up smoking about once a month and smoke for a week or so. Then after doing weeks of research and learning to build safely on my MVP I got a mechanical mod, nimbus RDA and build my first box mod. Since then I haven't touched a cigarette. I'll go out on smoke breaks at work with coworkers and vape while they smoke or sit outside and drink some beer while friends smoke and I vape.

Honestly after a while cigarettes have no appeal. They are gross even if you do end up wanting one. I mean seriously disgusting!!

So my advice would be one of the new MVP kits. They're a lot more powerful these days but still incredibly self explanitory and user friendly for a first APV. You may not like the look at first but I think box mods are something that grows on people. You may also want to get a cheap RDA and learn to rebuild so you can test a bunch of coils and see what works best for your desires. An MVP from a cigalike is a whole new experience really. Order it from FT or eBay, definitely dont go to a local shop. Their prices alone are enough to turn off someone looking to get into the more advanced side of vaping. In my opinion and experience the MVP is the best device to graduate to from cigalikes, especially now that they can vape lower resistance and higher wattages but are still incredibly simple to use. In any case, give a real device a try before ruling vaping out!

Mr.Topola

Jul 12, 2015
First of all many thanks to all of you for your support and advises I am really grateful to all of you :)

I had a chance to test istick 30w + aspire nautlius mini today and I think I will go for this also many of you recommended this or similar set up so I think it will be a good choice for me. Also I need to check ego twist when I will have a chance to see whether it will be better than istick 30w for me. I considered also ego one but i am under impression that there are often some problems with this device so despite it looks better I think i will pass on it since I would like to have something as trouble-free as possible.

From the other hand I really liked brands: Caravela, Chi You,
Orion NoSmoker, Billet Box and GG I mentioned earlier. It is important for me to have something that looks elegant because I would like to feel comfortable using my e cig when I am out and those brands made some great looking e cigs. I was really pleased by quality of vape and amazing taste when I used istick + nautilius today but to be honest it is quite ugly in my personal opinion. Perhaps it would be the best for me to buy for now istick + nautilius and then when I will be more experience user I could buy one of those devices and then use my istick+ nautilius as a back up since I understood from what you wrote it is really important to have a back up :)

From the other hand if someone knows products of brands I mentioned I would be grateful for a comment. I would like to upgrade to a device from thous brands ( I liked Caravela and GG the most ) but I am under the impression that thous are difficult to use correctly if that is not a case I would like to buy one of thous right away.

What is it about the GG products that interests you? They are fine attys and mods, but you need to learn rebuilding, mech mod use and battery safety.

I really like the design because it fits well to every occasion and since i will use my e cig every day I find that important. Also I like stuff that are unique and solid and GG products have a live time warranty so I am sure they are as solid as it gets, but after your post I red a more about this and I am afraid that if I will buy one o those I would have to spent a lot of time on taking care and of the time is the luxury I can't afford right now. I can spent some time on learning how to use my device properly but then I would expect it to work and not require my constant attention. Also I am a beginner in vaping so I don't have the experience that might be require to use mech modes

btw I learned about mech modes only from there Mechanical Mod Proper Usage Guide I think it is not a bad source for a start if someone would be interested in this area of vaping as well:)

thanks to all of you once again your help vaping is so much better than living with stinkies ( @Bootiewootsy nice expression I will use it a lot ;) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread