Not open for further replies.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
Hey peeps !
I bought the first couple of versions of the Yihi sx mini,
J class and ml class back at least i think 7-8-9 years ago maybe..maybe longer..
I thought I was purchasing the best, and I was not wrong.
I sadly just lost one of them. Those 2 were my mainstay everyday for a very long time and they both bruisers still work great.
Where can I find them available now? if not available, what is the next best !
I work in construction and they take a beating, and they still charge on their usb ports.
I liked the weight of them, because you knew you had them in your pocket, and you could use them in defense if the need be. For a 1 battery mod its not light, and its comfortable to hold.
Thanks guys..

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I bought the first couple of versions of the Yihi sx mini,
J class and ml class
back at least i think 7-8-9 years ago maybe..maybe longer..
I thought I was purchasing the best, and I was not wrong.
I sadly just lost one of them. Those 2 were my mainstay everyday for a very long time and they both bruisers still work great.
Where can I find them available now?

Did a bunch of searching for the J Class and the ML Class. A US vendor, Breazy.com, had the ML Class for $69.99 a year ago, but blew them out with a coupon code for just $42.50. It's a shame you didn't need a new one back then.

I didn't find anything for a J Class, not even any vendor who ever had them. Any/all ML Class have been Sold Out at US vendors. Some overseas have a few, but...none of the vendors were ones I recognized, so I'd consider them sort of "iffy". Plus, the S/H would likely cause "sticker shock"!

I did find the MX 75W version though, in stock at a well-known Chinese vendor for $43.39, in White and in Blue. It would just take awhile for you to receive it:

YiHi SXmini MX Class 75W Box Mod

If that won't work for you though...you may want to check the Classifieds here on ECF. If there's not 1 there though, you could post a "Wanted" ad for one. Might get lucky that way.

• Useful
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you can't find what you're looking for, another heavy single battery mod is the EHPro Cold Steel 100. Takes 18650 and 21700 batts. Weight is about 180 grams without battery.

9703069-5.jpg

Not an overly heavy mod, but since you work construction, the Geekvape Aegis Max might be a better fit for you. Also takes 18650 and 21700 batts. Weight is about 140 grams without battery.

9726587-13.jpg

...kroma r was reccomended.
    I bought my wife one of those a year ago. It now has a wobbly 510 connection, and the usb port is not lined up with the opening.

Sounds exactly like a mod that took a hard fall.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @JulesXsmokr -

Varitube.com was already Out of Stock on the ML Class when I searched and posted earlier. That's why I didn't post about it.

Also, if you'd consider the Aegis Max mentioned and shown above...it takes all 3 batteries...the 18650, 20700, or the 21700. Ejuices.com (well-known US vendor) still has the Aegis Max Kit (with Zeus sub-ohm tank) in Clearance at $66.99 until April 30th. But...if you use the coupon code MARKDOWN421 it'll take 50% off of that price. They still have 10 in Black Space and plenty of the Black Tungsten. Free S/H kicks in at a $75 or more purchase. If you got 2 Kits and something else for $8 (price after 50% off)...you'd meet the $75. Even if you aren't interested in the Zeus tank...that $33.50 price for the kit is still a deal if you only use the mod.

GeekVape Aegis Max 100W Starter Kit

Last edited:

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2013
    Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
    If you can't find what you're looking for, another heavy single battery mod is the EHPro Cold Steel 100. Takes 18650 and 21700 batts. Weight is about 180 grams without battery.

Sounds exactly like a mod that took a hard fall.

Both of my mini's have been taking much harder abuses or falls than the kroma.

and Thanks, I'll take a look over at Varitube -- and Geekvape

I've looked at at ton of places for my older model mini's. Kind of sad, technology overtakes longevity. Everybody is in a continuous search of the perfect vape. It'll never happen.
    Some of my older but solid rbtanks, no longer have glass parts either.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Fidola13

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Too bad you weren't asking a few months ago A couple chinese retailers were selling the SL class for almost nothing.

Also, forget the Cold Steel 100 mod. I don't think that fire button is solid enough to withstand harsh work environments and hard use.

I would buy a few of the Aegis solo or max mods if I were you, even i fyou buy another SXmini, and use those as my main work mods. If you use the mod with gloves on, I would go for the Aegis max over the solo becuase the fire button is made for that. The solo fire button is flat and harder to use with gloves on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread