I need help - what am I doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Check where the poly filler comes in contact with the atty bridge. If it's not melted or scorched then you might right about it not being the cartridge part giving off the burnt taste.

Do you have a drip tip or an empty cartridge without filler in it handy?
Drip 3 or 4 drops right on the bridge of the atty, pop your drip tip on or an empty cart with no filler back on and then try it.

If the burnt taste goes away with direct dripping then the filler just isn't making contact with the bridge and that wicking material under the bridge is getting dry on you. Fluff up the filler in your cartridge a bit so it makes contact with the bridge and try again.

Provided you have no flow problems with the cartridge...and you still get the burnt taste from direct dripping...then try cleaning the atty again.

If you have some everclear or vodka...soak it in that for a while then rinse with water. If not, water will do. Can try boiling if you like.

If all that fails...consider setting that atty aside for de-wicking and use a new atty with your carts.

If you de-wick an atty...it's great for direct dripping...but not so good with cartridges any longer.

Last edited:

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
OK - I know it's not the filler of the smart cart because it is fine. I know the filler is touching the atty because leaving it flush with the end of the cart and putting in the atty - the atty pushes up into it like it should. The atty's are all four new and were fine until I cleaned them. They still fire so I know they aren't dead. So from all the advice I am guessing I didn't get the denture cleaner out. I boiled them for about 10 minutes and then blew them out - will see how they do when they dry.

Thanks everyone.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
Try soaking your atty in White Vinegar for about an hour. The rinse in hot water and let dry. Be sure to "prime" your cleaned atty's with a few drops of e-juice before you use them

If that doesn't work, you doing to have to dry burn it to get the stink out.

OK - I am going to try this now. I get "some" action from two of them but it is real minimal and one of them is brand new, another one is brand new and nothing - so I am soaking them in vinegar now.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I used the blue foam mod on the smart cart...It worked like a charm.

Tried it but never using the blue foam before I can't get it quite right. Either I get not enough and all the juice drains out:facepalm: or I guess I get to much and I get nothing. Got any tips? Watched a video on blue foam mod for carts but just not getting it right:(

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
OK - I am going to try this now. I get "some" action from two of them but it is real minimal and one of them is brand new, another one is brand new and nothing - so I am soaking them in vinegar now.

Did you have any luck or are you still having problems?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Got them working

Right On...

It's a shame that so many e-Cig related things just don't work right out of the box. Their not like analogs are they?

But with a little fiddeling and some time, most can be made to work.

Good to hear you got to where you wanted to be and feel free to ask if you you have any other question or problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread