I need help with the auto spinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
Over the last few weeks since I've had my auto spinner, I've been running into problems taking hits with it. It seems like regardless of whether I cover the air holes at the bottom of it near the dial or the ones near the threading up top, the thing sometimes just doesn't activate when I take a hit.

It's like I have to take several primer hits of air before I get it going. Outside of this issue (which wasn't so bad at first, but then again I was using the auto only as a back up when my manual spinner was charging) I have no qualms with the auto spinner, but this problem is getting to the point where it's discouraging me from continuing to use it.

Has anyone run into a similar problem? Does anyone have suggestions for how to get this thing working properly?

I'd really appreciate some help with this!:2c:

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
Cleaning was the first thing I went to and as I haven't used it much I didn't need to do a whole lot to clean it. In regards to raising the center post...I'm a little bit afraid to do any sort of modifying to it because I don't want to mess anything up. Is there a solid thread or youtube video I could reference for that?

I just don't want my good spent money going to waste because I messed something up.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Reg, you shouldn't have to cover any air holes at the dial end. Covering those holes will stop the air flow required to activate the battery. Covering holes on the clearo/T3 is fine to "tighten" the draw. Pulling up the center post is easy. Just use a small, pointed, object like a push pin to slowly rock the pin back and forth lifting it a little as you go. From what you say, I don't think that is the problem. It may be an air switch problem, that's just a guess.

(to be read at double speed)
Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk. Not associated with SI in any way other than buying their great products. The end user assumes all liability and holds the poster totally harmless.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
Reg, you shouldn't have to cover any air holes at the dial end. Covering those holes will stop the air flow required to activate the battery. Covering holes on the clearo/T3 is fine to "tighten" the draw. Pulling up the center post is easy. Just use a small, pointed, object like a push pin to slowly rock the pin back and forth lifting it a little as you go. From what you say, I don't think that is the problem. It may be an air switch problem, that's just a guess.

(to be read at double speed)
Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk. Not associated with SI in any way other than buying their great products. The end user assumes all liability and holds the poster totally harmless.

That's what I assumed as well, but I was willing to try anything to get this thing working properly. I just compared where the center post is sitting on my auto vs. my manual and they're both at the same spot.

Did I get a dud maybe? It's weird because I can sometimes get great pulls, and other times nothing. I really hope I didn't get a dud :(

Thanks for the advice on how to push the center post, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
That's what I assumed as well, but I was willing to try anything to get this thing working properly. I just compared where the center post is sitting on my auto vs. my manual and they're both at the same spot.

Did I get a dud maybe? It's weird because I can sometimes get great pulls, and other times nothing. I really hope I didn't get a dud :(

Thanks for the advice on how to push the center post, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

If you aren't totally satisfied with the performance, you should put in a ticket with SI and get a replacement before the warranty runs out.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'm not the original poster, I was just commenting on his post. If I want longevity I use a mod with either stacked 18350s or an 18650 which last well over a day. The coil resistance is the key element when comparing use time of any given size battery. The higher the resistance, the longer the use time before needing a recharge. There is a trade off because as the resistance increases the vapor output drops off. With 3.7 volt devices, most people find that 2.4 to 2.8 ohms for the coil works best. Increasing the voltage above 3.7 will reduce battery life since the boost circuit used to achieve that higher voltage is not particularly efficient. Operating below 3.7 will extend that life since regulators are quite efficient.

reg190

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Poconos, PA
I just wanted to update everyone on this thread. Thank you awsum for the information regarding how to work on the center post. I'll keep that in mind as I go forward in caring for my spinners in the future. JoAnn, I did end up making a ticket with SI, and as we speak they are graciously helping me to correct the issue.

*shameless plug incoming!*

Of course, I wanted to just say once again how grateful I am for finding Smokeless Image. As someone who is somewhere in the middle with regards to knowledge with e-cigarettes....errr personal vaporizers/smokeless alternatives, SI continues to time and time again prove to me that they value their customers' business, and their customer support is unbeatable. I spoke to Jeff and he was very helpful and I am in the process of replacing my spinner as we speak.

I've shopped around with other websites since I made my original purchases at SI, but I am 100% confident that from this point on I'm going to just stick with SI. They have the best customer service I've ever seen, have a super quick turn around with my orders, and their products are really easy to use. Outside of the issue I had with this automatic spinner (which I don't really blame SI for...in the end I think there really was just something wrong manufacturing-wise with the sensor) I have had nothing but a great experience.

Thanks SI for making me a very happy customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread